X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Trader Alert

You guys don't get what I was saying...

Maybe I wasn't clear. I AM NOT GETTING MY REFUND BECAUSE I DON"T CARE FOR THE TERMS SET OUT BY PAYPAL. In other words I'm not sending anything back and just choosing to ignore the Paypal message because I want the 2 pickups in my guitar. I filed for a partial refund but they granted a full refund.

Comment

This is not accurate. Paypal stipulated that IF THE PICKUPS WERE IN THE ORIGINAL CONDITION, HE COULD SEND THEM BACK WITHIN 14 DAYS FOR A FULL REFUND. HOWEVER, SINCE HE INSTALLED THEM, THEY ARE NO LONGER IN THE ORIGINAL CONDITION AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE SHIPPED BACK FOR A FULL REFUND.

I know the truth as those pickups came straight out of a brand new strat. I packed them carefully inside bubble wrap and nested firmly within packing peanuts. I have no doubt that the little wire was either damaged during shipping or by the buyer. Unfortunately, Jolly_Rancher promptly threw away the packaging before I verify his claims, and thus preventing me from filing a shipping claim for him.

However, I have a lot of left-over pickups because I gut out all of my new guitars as soon as I get them and replace them with pickups I want. Therefore, AS A COURTESTY ONLY FOR THE HARMONY OF THE FORUM, I will send Jolly_Rancher a replacement pickup as long as he covers shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
        ...I have a lot of left-over pickups because I gut out all of my new guitars as soon as I get them and replace them with pickups I want. Therefore, AS A COURTESTY ONLY FOR THE HARMONY OF THE FORUM, I will send Jolly_Rancher a replacement pickup as long as he covers shipping.
        This is all too much to follow, but, for what it's worth...

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
          However, I have a lot of left-over pickups because I gut out all of my new guitars as soon as I get them and replace them with pickups I want. Therefore, AS A COURTESTY ONLY FOR THE HARMONY OF THE FORUM, I will send Jolly_Rancher a replacement pickup as long as he covers shipping.
          Fine... for the good of the forum and to resolve this issue, I'll accept the pickup or $25 to my Paypal. I can send you the shipping $$ in a few days. So, I'm guessing $6 for a priority flat-rate box?

Comment

Don't worry. I'll go ahead and take care of the shipping.

Comment

Man I love coming to the Bad Trader Alert Thread every once in a while. It is like watching a soap opera involving guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                Man I love coming to the Bad Trader Alert Thread every once in a while. It is like watching a soap opera involving guitars.
                Yeah girls like watching soap operas too.

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

you guys spend too much time at the computer.... oh wait.....
                    Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876
                      YOU calling me a girl? You blow things out of proportion and b*tch like one.

Now get the last word as usual.
                      Take it easy. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Comment

Lighten up, or you'll all be getting the gift of infractions...P&P is free...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Wow, this is crazy... first Jolly says that the shipping/packing was crappy, but then says that the packing was fine and the pickup was dead before it was shipped. Then they go back and forth about the packaging again, with Jolly stating that UMD doesn't know how to pack properly, but then still thinks the packaging had nothing to do with it... then Jolly decides to file a PayPal claim and then when it is granted he decides that it isn't worth his time to send the pickups back to get his refund. ThenUMD decides to give a refund anyway. WTF? It's like your both lying in some way...

This is a tough one, but the point that gets me is that Jolly accused UMD, Jolly posted about it here, and Jolly then didn't follow-up on his PayPal claim when he won...

I just don't see the logic of a forum member knowingly shipping a dead pickup to a forum bro who he knows will inspect the pickups. Doesn't seem likely. Its not like he would be shipping to some jamoke who wouldn't know anything about pickups. Seems to me that the pickup was sent in good faith and perhaps it wasn't working originally in the guitar, but it metered out so UMD probably thought it worked fine and shipped it.
                          -=The Dali
                          --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

By the way, this post is ridiculous. This is what you wanted in the first place, don't act like your doing it out of the goodness of your heart, or accepting something substandard for the benefit of the forum.

I don't understand why you'd even post this.

Originally posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
                            Fine... for the good of the forum and to resolve this issue, I'll accept the pickup or $25 to my Paypal. I can send you the shipping $$ in a few days. So, I'm guessing $6 for a priority flat-rate box?
                            -=The Dali
                            --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

UMD, just delete that last post. It's not worth the time or the effort man.
                              Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Just thought I'd post the warning about IndianScout here, as a mod is deleting posts warning people away from his for sale posts.

I got this PM on April 14th:

--------------------------------------------------------

if you're interested I'll trade you a BOSS ME50 + Morley Optical Volume Pedal

Morley is BNIB, the BOSS is like new..

----------------------------------------------------

Then the ME-50 gets sold and shipped out on the 16th even though I agreed to the trade days before. Thankfully I didn't go first, and never would go first.

Here's a *41 PAGE* thread about his behavior on multiple forums:

He makes all kinds of trade promises about gear that he may or may not have in his possession, and sells them in different places.

My favorite part? The instance where someone sent him a guitar in trade, he used it for a month (gigging and recording, and talking about it on other forums), and then returned it reeking of cigarette smoke because he had a "tribal tobacco ceremony".

One observation I had, that I'm not sure anyone has tumbled onto:

He lives on a Native American reservation. That means that it will be *very* difficult for him to be charged with any type of mail fraud.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Working...
                                X