X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Trader Alert

Originally posted by Onlinelove79
    strat pickguard with Texas Specials for my black SH-12.
    Umm... Not what this thread is for...
    Nope...

Comment

I bought 4 cases of whipped cream from MetalManiac, but he never shipped them to me. When I finally got a hold of him, he told me he had ate them all. Bastard!!

Comment

I knew it... I KNEW it! I knew that guy was no good!

[emoji450] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [emoji441]
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Any word from dom yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
            Any word from dom yet?
            Nope. He's probably checked out by now. I'm not counting on him coming back.
            Last edited by B2D; 09-16-2016, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Here's the two email addresses for him I pulled up from paypal, his SDUGF profile, and his ebay store and main wesbite. If anyone hears from him let me know.

[email protected]

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure his personal email is in his user profile and that I've located his FB page. I won't post it the latter.... for now.
              Last edited by B2D; 09-16-2016, 01:29 AM.

Comment

I bought a pickup from a forum member almost 4 days ago. He said he would ship in the morning and send me confirmation the second he got it. I've neither heard from him since nor received confirmation. Like I said it's been four days. Im getting sick of waiting not knowing whether its coming or I've been ripped off, I'm almost ready to just request a refund report a bad deal, and buy a new one from seymour duncan so that way I at least know one is on its way. How long of a wait would you say is appropriate being trying to get my money back?

Comment

Originally posted by Mshiple4 View Post
                  I bought a pickup from a forum member almost 4 days ago. He said he would ship in the morning and send me confirmation the second he got it. I've neither heard from him since nor received confirmation. Like I said it's been four days. Im getting sick of waiting not knowing whether its coming or I've been ripped off, I'm almost ready to just request a refund report a bad deal, and buy a new one from seymour duncan so that way I at least know one is on its way. How long of a wait would you say is appropriate being trying to get my money back?
                  Why don`t you wait a little bit to see if the pickup you bought shows up before you jump to any conclsuions . Sure it would have been nice to get the confirmation that the seller said he would send you but on the other hand it`s only been four days , the seller might have ran into some issues
                  When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

How far away are you from each other? I would wait a week at least. I know we are all used to the Amazon Prime 2-day shipping world,but regular people usually take a day or two to get to the post office and then 2-4 days before it reaches your house. Plus, with the holidays there could have been a delay.
                    -=The Dali
                    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

four days? wow.

Comment

On the second or third day I would have just sent a direct email/PM saying, "Hey man, how's it going? Just checking to see where we are with the pickup. Were you able to send it? Is there a tracking number I should be looking out for? Thanks" and see what the response is.

IME Usually in a day or so you'll get a PM/email back saying they got busy and will send it and give you a tracking number, and after a little friendly follow-up over a couple days and maybe less than a week of shipping, you'll have a sweet pickup from a sweet deal to put in your sweet guitar and make some sweet music, without any unsavory hassles and returns and complaint reports. But that's my experience.

Remember, on the forum you're buying from another person (with a life) and not from a business.

Comment

firebirdguy72 - I'm sorry to have to do this but he's got a couple of pickups from me, said he'd check them over and rewind if need be - haven't heard from him in months. At one time he posted in the Good Karma thread about giving a Tele body away and I contacted him again, this must be 6 months ago! I said I'd take it if he still had it. He said he'd send it along with the pickups... sadly he's not been heard of since. I sent him lots of messages on here and even wrote to him asking to send the pups back even if he hadn't done anything to them... heard nothing! Its been a year since this started - I've heard a lot of excuses but no action!
                          If you know this guy try contacting him for me, I just want my pickups back!!!
                          The Artiste formally known as IndySG...

Comment

Originally posted by IndySG View Post
                            firebirdguy72 - I'm sorry to have to do this but he's got a couple of pickups from me, said he'd check them over and rewind if need be - haven't heard from him in months. At one time he posted in the Good Karma thread about giving a Tele body away and I contacted him again, this must be 6 months ago! I said I'd take it if he still had it. He said he'd send it along with the pickups... sadly he's not been heard of since. I sent him lots of messages on here and even wrote to him asking to send the pups back even if he hadn't done anything to them... heard nothing! Its been a year since this started - I've heard a lot of excuses but no action!
                            If you know this guy try contacting him for me, I just want my pickups back!!!
                            Pretty lame move F.B.72!!! John is a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back if he thought you needed it & he's well loved around here. What's done is done but late is certainly better than never & shipping is cheap! PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!
                            I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

• John Tonello AKA "Johnny the Kid" - doesn't reply my messages

The person I'm citing here is a very active member (4k+ posts) of the forum but as I have tried contacting him through private messages, e-mail and PayPal, and still he's deliberately chosen to ignore me for over a month, I have no option other than opening this up. His name is John Tonello, and this is his profile: Johnny the Kid.

Story
                              He replied on a thread I opened by the 8th of May, saying he had a pair of SD Blackouts up for grabs. I contacted him and sent the payment ($85 USD) for his pickups via PayPal on the very same day. By the 17th of May I asked for the tracking number and his reply was:

Hey, I'm really sorry. Work hasn't scheduled me until Monday, so money is a bit tight. Tuesday morning I'll send the pickups out. I'm really sorry. It's just been rough with finals and all that.
                              (...)
                              It'll be within the next week. I finished finals last week and my schedule for work hasn't switched over for the summer to give me more hours, so I've been kind of broke the last few days. My girlfriend and I have been living off her paycheck this past week. I feel so bad about this honestly.
                              I know **** can happen, so I waited, of course. On the 25th of May (almost 20 days after my purchase) he said he would send them on the next day, and that was his last message. I've been trying to get in touch with him ever since, and he does not reply my messages, although you can clearly see he's active in the forums.

I've just escalated my dispute to PayPal because, guess what, he didn't reply me on the dispute as well.

I may not be very active in the community but I'm really well-reputed on the trades section over here as well as on many other forums. I'm not trying to trash his reputation, all I want is either my money back or the pickups sent - and actually I'd prefer the latter, as he said he's not doing well financially.

Best,
                              J.
                              Last edited by joaocunha; 07-23-2017, 06:24 PM. Reason: Dates
                              Low post count but good deals with: B Bent, FretFire, scottish, SMark, King IzzO))), Quicksilver689 (2x), Captain Crunch, RockStarNick, ratherdashing, FuseG4 (2x), Dr.K, wolf5150, Mononoaware, tenniso, teleguru, GinoAmes, glennvalentine, fowl2338, SoundAt11, baritone

Comment

I assume you covered the shipping?

He then spends all the money you gave him on something else and now can't afford to ship it to you?!?

That's pretty lame!
                                Last edited by gregory; 06-30-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X