• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justFred
    replied
    Re: Bad Trader Alert

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Have a bad one from here.
    $700 2 guitar sale a couple weeks ago. Paid by Pay Pal shipped on the 13th USPS screwed up and they were delivered late. Had tracked later opened a case and communicated daily with the buyer through it all. Finally were finally delivered intact Monday. Guy hits me they arrived intact then he also hit me with an odd request on his intent to do a 90 days same as $ with Pay pal and asked if I could work with him and change the invoice type. Didn't think it could be done because it was a completed transaction with out issuing a full refund. Guy says he will call Pay Pal and let me know. Hit's me yesterday morning complaining about the as he called it junky bridge on the Mex Strat but it is what it is an intact normal Mex Strat bridge also stated the nut was cracked on the Tele.
    Last night I get a notice from Pay Pal that he has now issued a request for a full refund on both guitars.
    Many of you guys know been out of work since the Thursday after Thanksgiving and my former boss is fighting me on unemployment so needed this $ desperately. Have bought, sold and traded here often has been a very safe place. Have to say you guys have been wonderful never the least type of an issue that we could not resolve in all these years with many here until now.
    User ID here is kennywayne and he has a 0 post count.
    BEWARE of this one guys!!!
    has the dude sent pics of the defects along with the PayPal complaint???Make sure to send PayPal pics of the components at issue "as shipped"...

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Cearlock View Post
    Fight that crap, and don't deal with people with 0 thread/post counts...Likely he is wanting a refund simply due to your unwillingness to agree to his "somewhat shady sounding" request for the 90 day same as $$ scheme.
    Already responded to Pay Pal and am fighting this. This was his offer on the pair of guitars I accepted.
    Hello, could you take 700 for the strat and the Tele? That's all I have in PayPal. I can send it now.
    The request after that fact on changing the invoice for the 90 day SAC thing that late in the game in particular was very odd.
    Last edited by Ascension; 12-28-2018, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Cearlock
    replied

Fight that crap, and don't deal with people with 0 thread/post counts...Likely he is wanting a refund simply due to your unwillingness to agree to his "somewhat shady sounding" request for the 90 day same as $$ scheme.

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied

Have a bad one from here.
    $700 2 guitar sale a couple weeks ago. Paid by Pay Pal shipped on the 13th USPS screwed up and they were delivered late. Had tracked later opened a case and communicated daily with the buyer through it all. Finally were finally delivered intact Monday. Guy hits me they arrived intact then he also hit me with an odd request on his intent to do a 90 days same as $ with Pay pal and asked if I could work with him and change the invoice type. Didn't think it could be done because it was a completed transaction with out issuing a full refund. Guy says he will call Pay Pal and let me know. Hit's me yesterday morning complaining about the as he called it junky bridge on the Mex Strat but it is what it is an intact normal Mex Strat bridge also stated the nut was cracked on the Tele.
    Last night I get a notice from Pay Pal that he has now issued a request for a full refund on both guitars.
    Many of you guys know been out of work since the Thursday after Thanksgiving and my former boss is fighting me on unemployment so needed this $ desperately. Have bought, sold and traded here often has been a very safe place. Have to say you guys have been wonderful never the least type of an issue that we could not resolve in all these years with many here until now.
    User ID here is kennywayne and he has a 0 post count.
    BEWARE of this one guys!!!
    Last edited by Ascension; 12-28-2018, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IndySG
    replied

Sorry to hear that-my loss was bad enough but yours is much greater and Christmas is never a good time to get ripped off!

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

Still no word and paypal denied my chargeback saying it "wasn't unauthorized" which was the only choice I could pick when starting the claim. I told him to send me an invoice/money request in paypal and he did as it lists the products I was buying from him. I have to dig into this further with paypal, just been too busy.

Leave a comment:

• IndySG
    replied

I've had a similar experience on a smaller scale - I paid $42.50 for the DD set and only heard back to say he'd received the money... I've dealt with him before so paid him via paypal friends and family. No sign of any pups in my mailbox and not a word from him since December 6th. I'm still hoping to hear from him - am I crazy?

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

That's fair, man. Keep us posted!

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
    Dang, man. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

I've dealt with SrDeMaFp before and had good results. I know his for sale post was due to divorce, so he may have been a bit distracted these past few days or maybe even displaced (i.e. having to find a new place to stay). He hasn't logged in here for over a week.

I agree, though, you deserve the parts or a response shortly. Hopefully he shows. Tomorrow is 2 weeks. I would at least give it 'til then, maybe through the weekend to give him a chance to get back online and see this (just a thought).

still nothing, submitting report to PayPal, wish I didn't have to.... I understand the situation I'm sure this is the last thing on his mind but maybe it shows up this week and I can cancel the dispute I just can't wait any longer when $150 is out in the wind ya know.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

Originally posted by Toner View Post
    Bought some parts on 12/1 from SrDeMaFp, got some messages about sending out for shipping and will send tracking info, I have been unable to get any response since 12/1, no parts have arrived as of yet, no tracking info, spent $147.50. I will submit a claim to Paypal if no response is received today.

"MIG OFR, big brass block and Tremol-no. Plus shipping USPS Priority. Thanks -Mike"
    Dang, man. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

I've dealt with SrDeMaFp before and had good results. I know his for sale post was due to divorce, so he may have been a bit distracted these past few days or maybe even displaced (i.e. having to find a new place to stay). He hasn't logged in here for over a week.

I agree, though, you deserve the parts or a response shortly. Hopefully he shows. Tomorrow is 2 weeks. I would at least give it 'til then, maybe through the weekend to give him a chance to get back online and see this (just a thought).

Leave a comment:

• Toner
    replied

Bought some parts on 12/1 from SrDeMaFp, got some messages about sending out for shipping and will send tracking info, I have been unable to get any response since 12/1, no parts have arrived as of yet, no tracking info, spent $147.50. I will submit a claim to Paypal if no response is received today.

"MIG OFR, big brass block and Tremol-no. Plus shipping USPS Priority. Thanks -Mike"

Leave a comment:

• Mark Cearlock
    replied

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
    That's what happens when you have work, kids, and school.
    5 kids here (with their various school and church stuff), fulltime job, wife and 3 animals... and A unhealthy guitar, amp, pedal, and pickup obsession..who needs sleep?

Leave a comment:

• Ajith121
    replied

I never been still but I came here to get a good view of others so I can avoid it lol!!!

Leave a comment:

• GilmourD
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Cearlock View Post
    I have traded and done work for John many times, completely stand up guy (and his guitar and parts collection is rivaled by none) Just tell me whose legs to break John, and its done...
    Sadly, it seems as if FB72 hasn't posted here since August of '16, over two years ago. Last I personally heard from him was February of '16 when I finally got a pickup he wound for me, which took a while. Sadly, it's sat in a box since I got it, so I couldn't even tell you about it. That's what happens when you have work, kids, and school.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Cearlock
    replied

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
    Pretty lame move F.B.72!!! John is a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back if he thought you needed it & he's well loved around here. What's done is done but late is certainly better than never & shipping is cheap! PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!
    I have traded and done work for John many times, completely stand up guy (and his guitar and parts collection is rivaled by none) Just tell me whose legs to break John, and its done...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X