X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Trader Alert

Originally posted by Mark Cearlock View Post
    Fight that crap, and don't deal with people with 0 thread/post counts...Likely he is wanting a refund simply due to your unwillingness to agree to his "somewhat shady sounding" request for the 90 day same as $$ scheme.
    Why? That bs, IMO. All of us have to start somewhere. Just because we haven't been playing guitar for years, yet, doesn't mean we're any less trustworthy than anyone else, as proven by this thread of multiple long-time forum members screwing people over. You can't just avoid new guys and think you'll never get screwed. That's not even logical to think that.
    Last edited by Wound_Up; 03-05-2020, 10:09 AM.
    JC
    -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
    -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
    -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
    -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
    -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
    -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

• To anyone considering doing business with the user "Guitar-Restore" (aka: [email protected], www.guitar-restore.com), you should seriously reconsider.

This guy is WAY too angry to be dealing with real people. It was one thing for him to join just to sell his wares, which is typically frowned upon, but his reactive attitude is borderline dangerous. In fact, I don't think it's SAFE for anyone to deal with him!

To recap, his for sale post got closed because of the way he was responding. Now he's lodging threats because he can't take self-ownership for his own (re)actions.

Instead of reporting him to the mods, which apparently would make me a "f***ing pu**y", I figured it might be better to post his message up here for EVERYONE to see.

Apparently, I'm what's wrong with the world because I suggested that he should introduce himself to the forum.

As for the "tough guy", "bullying", etc., that's just him playing the victim card out of thin air and getting himself riled up. He PM'd me to call me names and tell me what a great person I am. No one was harassing this guy. But he can't get through a sentence without insults or curse words and this is the "real" person behind that fancy guitar ad and website.

You've been warned!!

Originally posted by Guitar-Restore

You’re such a tough guy sitting behind that computer. Let me guess, 350 lb chronic masterbator, pizza delivery boy, staying up all hours just to play like your an educator on all things guitar? I did nothing wrong, you contacted me because you’re a dick. Plain and simple. You are the problem with what’s going on in the world today. Instead of allowing people their space, you have to harass and bully from your computer. What I would give for 5 minutes with you in person. We’d see how tough you were then. Now run and go tell on me for threatening you, ****ing pussy.
      Last edited by Masta' C; 09-01-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• My God man. You are too much! I love it. Thank you. Now get back to your business at HAND. You are an extremely sad individual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitar-Restore View Post
          My God man. You are too much! I love it. Thank you. Now get back to your business at HAND. You are an extremely sad individual.

Consider it "free advertising"...that's what you came here for anyways, isn't it?

People should know they are dealing with an irrational and potentially dangerous bully before they drop $2K with you and find out the hard way.

Comment

• I’ve already told the moderator to kiss my ass as well, just waiting on the BAN. If you’d never interjected yourself into my listing for no other reason than to start ****, none of this would be occurring. You are a sad individual with nothing better to do than harass folks behind your keyboard. Its a forum guy. You take this way too serious. Maybe you should spend more time getting out of your moms basement, and less time harassing folks you don’t know.

Comment

• No, none of this would be occurring if YOU took ownership for the way you behave.

You want to blame me, because that's easier for your overly proud conscience to swallow, but you're the problem and now your true colors are showing for everyone to see. Bullying, name calling, lying...not good traits to have, my friend, not good.

Comment

• Christ.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

• We can't have people like that here. Thank you for reporting him.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• From the Trading Post FAQ stickied at the top:

If you join this forum just to post an ad, it will be considered spamming. Please consider being a member of our community before you post your ads.
                    This incident reinforces the importance of requiring users to be active before they can post like this.

Dealing privately, we don't have many of the protections you get from buying/selling through sites like Reverb and eBay, so once you're in a deal with a bad individual, you could be stuck and, even if you are able to back out, bad seeds like this may continue to try and make your life miserable. That's largely why the "Bad Trader" section was created...to warn others of bad seeds...and you can see there have been quite a few over the years.

Mincer, isn't there a setting where you can require a minimum number of posts (i.e. 10 or so) before users can post in the Trading Post?

Comment

• Also why you should not do a transaction here without PayPal buyer protection. There are exceptions, like with people who've been active members of the forum such that you basically "know" them. E.g. Jolly. But for the most part, just pay the PayPal fees to make the transaction "official."
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Yogi Berra was correct.
                      Originally posted by JOLLY
                      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

• Yeah, I will look into having some restrictions posting in that area. It doesn't make sense to have just anyone posting there. If the post hadn't been reported, I wouldn't know about it, as I don't regularly monitor that area (I guess I will now).
                        Other forums restrict classified ads to supporting members only. We don't have that, but here you have to go by the reputation of the poster. Look at their past posts...do you have any interactions with them? Are they a good or bad trader? There are not many protections for the buyer here if you can't go by the reputation of the poster.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• You gotta admit though, the "Bad Trader Alert" is somewhat entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                            You gotta admit though, the "Bad Trader Alert" is somewhat entertaining.
                            Made ME look!
                            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                              You gotta admit though, the "Bad Trader Alert" is somewhat entertaining.
                              I hate reading about any of our forum brothers getting screwed but yes this thread can be gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockinProf View Post
                                Re: Bad Trader Alert

Stratosphere parts. Sent me a neck that was more damaged than stated. They wouldnt even consider testing it when I returned it. Got screwed for shipping and etc. Poorest customer service ever! Avoid at all costs!!!
                                I just want to say that they *used* to be good. I bought a bunch of stuff and built 2 stratocasters entirely of parts from their store in like 2006 or so. They were friendly and helpful, the prices were great and the shipping was very reasonable even up here in canada.

Last year I wanted to order some pickups from them and the shipping was astronomical. I emailed them to ask them why their shipping prices essentially quadrupled and if they could take a look at getting me a better shipping price , and their response was irrationally rude and aggresive. Would not deal with them ever again.

Comment

Working...
                                X