Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey so did anyone else buy anything from Leon of Late ?

I didn't necessarily make a purchase but he agreed to send me some strap locks and I sent him some cash to ship them, he said he was going to send them and then ghosted me. it's been over a month, no package and he's not returning my messages. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt but over a month without hearing anything back is rather worrying, so I'm wondering if anyone else had any dealings.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
      Hey so did anyone else buy anything from Leon of Late ?

I didn't necessarily make a purchase but he agreed to send me some strap locks and I sent him some cash to ship them, he said he was going to send them and then ghosted me. it's been over a month, no package and he's not returning my messages. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt but over a month without hearing anything back is rather worrying, so I'm wondering if anyone else had any dealings.
      About 15 years ago, I traded guitars with a dude on here (Kac, I apologize again), and was too broke to afford shipping. Spent a long time dragging my feet not shipping out my guitar, and kinda did what you’re describing.

There’s basically no excuse for it, especially if you paid specifically for shipping. It’s a super lame move, and while I am in a much better financial situation now than I was then, I try to actively communicate much better rather than ghost someone out of embarrassment.

Btw, which strap locks were you looking for?
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

• I really hate to do this...seriously, I didn't want to get to this point...but I finally have to call out a long-time forum bro:

ItsaBass, aka: Keith L.

Keith, one of my favorite forum members to date, was a real stand up guy and offered to help me sort out a custom pickguard for my Warmoth Strat hybrid project. Some of you may remember this concept photo from my thread about it over a year ago:

Last July, I sent Keith a template for the guard that I had drawn to exact specs, along with a Warmoth Tele guard I originally ordered with the body (just for reference), and a sheet of spare pearloid pickguard material to practice on. I also had Warmoth ship a sheet of their premium ($$) pickguard material to him directly for the final guard to be made out of.

Well, it has been over 8 months now and Keith has offered nothing other than a series of growing excuses. I have half a dozen texts from him over as many months saying "oops, sorry man, I totally forgot...I promise I'll get to it this weekend". Then he was out of town helping a friend. Then it was personal issues causing delays around the holidays. Then he couldn't get into his shop due to Covid. Now he's "working out of town for a few weeks", but will surely get it to me just as soon as he gets back...whenever that is.

I tried not to contact him more than about once a month and I gave him every opportunity along the way to back out without hard feelings. I assured him that I was not intending to inconvenience him in any way with this project. But, he insisted that he could help and that he would make it a priority...again and again.

I know by his activity that he visits the forum regularly, so I know he'll see this shortly. I'm happy to edit this post if things turn around, but right now, this post is serving as a placeholder and a notice to others that ItsaBass may not be a reliable member to deal with right now.

Last edited by Masta' C; 03-24-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• sucks to hear that, hopefully this gets resolved before long

Comment

• Ordered a set of new Epiphone gold pickup covers on ebay from the seller The Stratosphere. They came all pitted and scratched up. They both look 30 years old. After several messages sent to The Stratosphere, they have not returned any message, so it looks like I stuck with these terrible covers. And I am not the only one this has happened to. I'd advise no one to purchase anything from The Stratosphere. Nothing. If your order ends up like mine, you will NOT get a return, or your money back. Their prices might be good, but that's it. They sell junk! Don't buy from them!

Comment

• If you ordered the pickup covers using your credit card, dispute the charge on your card, chance the card will refund the money.
              1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
              Jackson Soloist 7 string
              ESP LTD M-400
              Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

• Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                If you ordered the pickup covers using your credit card, dispute the charge on your card, chance the card will refund the money.
                I didn't even think of that. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• Good luck and sorry for the crappy product you received.
                  1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                  Jackson Soloist 7 string
                  ESP LTD M-400
                  Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

• Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                    Good luck and sorry for the crappy product you received.
                    I got my money back on the covers. Not from the seller, though. Disputed it and it showed up yesterday on my card

Comment

• I had a bad experience with Stratosphere as well. Bought an SG husk, they email stating it sold and offered another. I declined and asked for a refund.

I sent multiple followup emails asking for the refund--zero responses.

Called and spoke with someone who made excuses and said he'd tell the office. Finally got an email response, but they couldn't figure out how to issue a refund?!?!?!

Filed dispute with eBay, took 30 days to get my money back.
                      Originally posted by Frankly
                      PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
                      Originally posted by Diocletian
                      Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X