Pickguard Trading Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickguard Trading Thread

I've been thinking about all the pickguards we all have and don't need, and thought about a thread for sales and trades of pickguards.

Post what you have available for sale or trade, preferably trade. This will allow us to clean house, and also grab whatever we need.

You can list yours or post pics. Always mention the pickup routes and modifications. And of course, the style, color, and brand.

Fender Custom Shop strat engine turned aluminum HSS.
    White Fender Am. Std. Strat SSS
    Fender CS Ice Blue Pearloid Strat HSS
    G&L Z-3 Tele guard in white w/3 offset magnetic field Z-3 routes.

I'm looking for a black tele guard w/humbucker route, mini hum, or normal tele route.
    Single ply gloss, bakelite, or 3 ply. Let me know what you've got.

PM me, if you want any of them.
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 03-07-2013, 03:34 AM.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Pickguard Trading Thread

Great idea for a Pickguard trading thread, count me in.

I have a brown tortoise shell colored Telecaster guard routed for the standard tele single coil in the neck position. Got this with a neck tele pickup not long ago, and I do not need it. Small burn mark on lower bout - looks like someone barely hit the edge with a soldering iron. Trade for a black American standard tele pickguard, or ?
    Last edited by infrared72; 01-28-2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

I'm looking for a H-S-H single ply white to fit a MIM, or be close.

I have a S-S-S and I'm getting thoughts of just cutting it up myself. Maybe I'll use metal pickup rings to hide the butcher job? And put a double cream PAF and a Super D in it?

Comment

I have a Tele mini-hum and single mid. BWB...
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
        Originally posted by Securb
        The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

I have a tortoise shell HSS Strat guard from Guitarfetish. It has the standard 3 controls and 5-way switch and 11 mount screw holes. Matches up great with American Standard Strat mounting holes. It's in good shape. Make me an offer.

Comment

I have a matte black charvel so cal HH pickguard i would like to trade for a HSS version with a 5 way switch cutout and one vol is possible

Comment

I have a black Nashville tele pickguard, Mini-hum neck, single middle. I'd like to trade it for a single hum, one volume strat guard. Prefer black.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
              Originally posted by Securb
              The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Have an Epi Les Paul Custom my way w/ no guard. Looking to pick up a black one as it appears the Gibson replacements don't fit. I'll trade cash

Comment

I have a black Tele guard with humbucker route. The route had to be slightly enlarged for a covered humbucker.

I have a SSS white single ply guard.

I also have a few different backplates - two MIM Fenders and a few random Squier-type.

Not looking for another guard at the moment... but maybe straplocks?

steve
                  -=The Dali
                  --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Anyone have a single ply white S/S/S for a G&L Legacy? I'm also looking for a G&L Legacy H/S/S guard.. any colour considered.

Comment

What do you have on your Legacy Don??

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                        Anyone have a single ply white S/S/S for a G&L Legacy? I'm also looking for a G&L Legacy H/S/S guard.. any colour considered.
                        From the G&L Website:

"To purchase a replacement pickguards for your G&L instrument

"Please visit Chandler Guitars, our maker of pickguards for G&L. They can supply custom pickguards also."
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Yogi Berra was correct.
                        Originally posted by JOLLY
                        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                          What do you have on your Legacy Don??
                          Still got the Tort S/S/S mate but it should have a thin single ply white guard.

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                          From the G&L Website:

"To purchase a replacement pickguards for your G&L instrument

"Please visit Chandler Guitars, our maker of pickguards for G&L. They can supply custom pickguards also."
                          Thanks bud, I will check them out.

I will add that ideally I'd like a gold anodised guard but do you think I can find anyone who does one....... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                            Still got the Tort S/S/S mate but it should have a thin single ply white guard.

Thanks bud, I will check them out.

I will add that ideally I'd like a gold anodised guard but do you think I can find anyone who does one....... lol.
                            One place I know of makes gold guards to spec. It took me a while to find it. I was trying to find a gold Esquire guard for the longest time. http://www.tone-guard.com/. Or, go straight to the G&L page. http://www.tone-guard.com/Tone-Guard...ickguards.html. Your pickguard is a normal production item and sells for $79 (US).

I called him up to have the guard made, and he turned me off big time. He is local, but he wouldn't let me come look at a sample of his material (which looks a bit weird in photos), he wouldn't just let me order over the phone, and he wouldn't let me pick up the pick guard; he insisted I have it shipped the 15 miles between our houses. I think it is weird when local sellers do not allow face-to-face customer interaction, and discourage phone orders. I never got the guard. But now, maybe because of my request, he makes Esquire guards as a standard item, not a special order. So I may just go ahead and bite the bullet and order one online so the guy doesn't get freaked out by the possibility of interaction with another human being or something.

But for someone mail ordering, it looks like he will be fine. And I don't think we anodized lovers have much of an option anyhow.
                            Last edited by ItsaBass; 05-24-2012, 12:33 AM.
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Thanks my man, they look great! Only thing is, now I want a gold S/S/S and a Black H/S/S! I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger though......

Comment

Working...
                              X