banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power amp/pre amp, Digitech WH1 original and more for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power amp/pre amp, Digitech WH1 original and more for sale!

i will be shortly selling some rack gear, so i wanted to check if someone here wants it without having to go through ebay (or with having to go thru ebay, if you would feel more comfortable...).

right, i'm gonna need to sell:

Mesa/Boogie 50/50 rack power amp w/ mods + Groove tube 6L6 Classic tubes in a 9.5/10 condition

Metalhead Electronics 'Elan mkII' rack pre-amp (five 12ax7's) - boutique pre-amp, custom made in a small shop in North Hollywood, California in the 80's - 8/10 condition

6U Gator rack case 9/10 condition

Digitech WH1 whammy (the original!!!!!!) great condition for age, works pretty much perfect.

i'm based in London, UK so i'd prefer to deal within the UK and europe if needs be. however all 3 electrical units CAN run in the states too (pre-amp has a 120v / 240v switching option, mesa is a US model running through a transformer, WH1 is a US model running through a transformer), so i'm willing to ship there.

both transformers included with units.

i need a quick sale in the start of january and i have very reasonable prices. i will most likely be putting on ebay but prior deals can be arranged.

email me on [email protected]

i will be away 31 dec - 7 jan...

so i hope this is of interest,

thanks,
    Roman
    Pedulla Pentabuzz 5 string fretless.
    Jackson RR5,
    Jackson Warrior WRMG,
    Epiphone SG "3 pup" Custom,
    Roland DB-900,
    Ashdown Little Giant 1000.

Re: Power amp/pre amp, Digitech WH1 original and more for sale!

what do you want for them...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

the mesa i want about £550 for, the pre amp at least £300 the whammy about £300 etc. email me for more prices and haggling
      Pedulla Pentabuzz 5 string fretless.
      Jackson RR5,
      Jackson Warrior WRMG,
      Epiphone SG "3 pup" Custom,
      Roland DB-900,
      Ashdown Little Giant 1000.

Comment

if my math skills are right that is about 425.00 US dollars for the Whammy pedal...is that right???
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

you math misleads you, at current exchange it is $550 for whammy!
          Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
          Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
          Korg AX1500G multi-fx
          RAT
          Boss PH-1r
          Ibanez cf-7
          Ibanwz ts-7
          Danelectro tremolo
          Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            if my math skills are right that is about 425.00 US dollars for the Whammy pedal...is that right???
            Actually about $580

You may check that price as the current production model can be had for about £170 new. Unless the orignal is more sought after?
            Just helping bro
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3
            ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
            1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
            2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
            2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
            1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
            2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
            1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

The WH-1 is far more sought after than any of the newer ones...but is it really worth $580.00???

Comment

hello, i asked Asomodai to post on my behalf - i am the guy who's selling the stuff.

i've spoken to him about this and asked not to post anything on my behalf without my direct confirmation... and i just decided to join this forum myself to deal with any questions again.

Asomodai gave innaccurate price quotes.

i am willing to sell everything £50 cheaper.

so;
                Mesa 50/50 - £500
                WH1 - £250
                preamp - £250
                6U rack - £50

i'll settle for $550 including postage and insurance for the WH1.

the WH1 is SINGnificantly better than the other latter versions of it, because for the wh1, a software company wrote the chips for the pedal, which track the signal night on and actually dont sound very digital (unlike the wh4!!!!). the contract between digitech and that software company ran out, so the chip making was abandoned. all subsequent whammy models have DIGITECH copies of the original chip. i have played wh2, wh3 and wh4 (or however else digitech decided to cal them and the dont sound any near as good.

the wh1 will neve rbe made again, and they're becoming real vintage stuff. they grow in value every yearand grow in demand. so if yu buy it, and 'sit' on it for 5 years, you WILL make some money.

i love it, but for how much its worth, i cannot justify keeping it as i have a much bigger priority in an Mesa boogie head i'm about to buy for which i ned the cash.

i paid £240 for the pedal 2 years ago, and thus this is a very good deal as i've read reviews of some people paying as much as £280 for theirs.

i've had a look on ebay, and there are NO h1's anywhere near to be seen.

anymore q's, please PM or email me on [email protected]

regards,
                Roman

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                  To the american guys here...

In most cases, buying stuff from UK sellers is not going to be a good option for you. This is because our exchange rate is better than yours.

Not bad deals for UK buyers though.

all I really wanted to know is if a WH-1 whammy pedal is really worth that kind of money, weather it be dollars, pounds, whatever?

Comment

Will you do trades? You said you'd be looking for a Mesa head, I have my combo (see my sig) up for grabs so maybe we can work something out if you're interested
                    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
                    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
                    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
                    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
                    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

maaaaaaaan, i dont know like laughing or like crying... this irony is too much.

the amp i'm getting with the cash from this, on which i've already put a £100 deposit, is a Mesa/Boogie DC-10 head.

so while i'd gladly have traded with you.... i have already myself committed to another DC.

funny how there is NOTHING on the web about the DC series... and then...

damn, sorry man.

let me know if you're still interested though... if you want the stuff 100% i can wait for payment for about 12 days from today (31/12/04) but i'd need some kind of deposit or something? (and what exactly are you interested in?)

thanks Matttt, i'm glad people arent thinking i'm ripping them off... while buying from US is great now... selling to US isnt really gonna work, is it...

the guy who invented fire, go here and you should come to the conclusion that the WH1 IS worth that kind of money and WILL grow in value. to put it in a sentence, its the red ferrari of effect pedals

ক্রেজি টাইম গেম গাইড: আপনার ক্যাসিনো গেমিং উত্তেজনাকে নতুন উচ্চতায় নিয়ে যান এবং অনন্য বোনাস গেমগুলির মাধ্যমে আনন্দ উপভোগ করুন।

some of the newer reviews are utter crap IMO, and if the guy really did get a WH1 for 79 bucks, he's the luckiest SOB on the planet!! go down some reviews, and you'll get some proper reviewers..

but to cut to the chase, its to do with the tracking. WH1's chips track the signal perfectly, with no lag or delay. reissues dont.

Comment

Sorry I'm only interested in trades, gotta move this amp to make room for a Powerball! A pre-amp would've been nice and easy to drag around when jamming with some of my friends. If you change your mind, my offer still stands
                        Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
                        Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
                        Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
                        Marshall 2x12 Vintage
                        Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

short update, stuff now on ebay!

Comment

Working...
                          X