X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Vintage Plus Strat

I am selling a ESP Vintage Plus Strat.

Here are the particulars of the guitar:

One piece swamp ash body, one piece quarter sawn maple neck w/ abablone dots and pearl "ESP" inlaid at the 12th position. The back of the neck has a nice flamey figure to it and the back of the headstock also has a brass "Fathead" attached to it for extra sustain.

Pickups are EMG SV's. All gold hardware including locking Sperzel Tuning machines.

The guitar is in extremely good condition. I believe this guitar is about 10 years old and it basically looks like it has been in the case most of the time. The frets are in really good condition and are medium jumbos.

The guitar comes with the original hardshell case which is in like new condition. Not a mark on it. The original warranty card is still in the case as is the full set of allen wrenches shipped with the guitar.

There are a couple of notables about this guitar. First, the previous owner had a Roland synth pickup installed so there are two very small holes drilled into the pickguard. One on each side of the bridge. Also, there is a small bit of light scratching on the trem cavity cover. Not the body, the coverplate.

This being said, you won't find one these that is in this good of condition unless you found one that was new old stock. It's that nice.

If there are any questions you would like answered or pics of the guitar you want, please let me know. My asking price is $700 + shipping. I do take paypal and I will cover the fee.

Thanks!

Formerly Michael_D. on the old forum....

Re: ESP Vintage Plus Strat

Wow, for a Strat that is sweet! Is that a metal plate on the back of the headstock? Does it add mass or something?

Comment

Originally posted by big_black
      Wow, for a Strat that is sweet! Is that a metal plate on the back of the headstock? Does it add mass or something?
      Ya bro, it helps sustain.
      I LOVE GUNS, ANIMALS, AND PEOPLE GETTING BUTT-HURT.

Comment

Originally posted by big_black
        Yep, that's the theory. It a brass plate called a "Fathead". It was on the guitar when I got it.

Comment

Guitar is off to ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3778195836

Comment

If you are interested I have a 90s ESP Viper that I MIGHT be willing to trade. It is a a red swamp ash body with chrome hardware including the pickup rings. I upgraded the pickups to a screamin deamon bridge and 59 neck with a coil split (I can also put a JB in the bridge). I upgraded the volume pot to a 500K CTS and the tone to a push pull dimarzio with a .022 orange drop cap with 50s wiring. The frets are Jumbo and are in great condition and I believe that the fingerboard is brazillian rosewood. Let me know if you are interested.
            Voodoo Amps 50 and 100 watt V-Plex heads
            Voodoo Amps Texas Heat 1x12 combo
            Longhorn Amps "The Barn Owl" 1x12 combo
            1981 JCM 800 2204 Head
            1984 (Bogner Modified) JCM 800 4103 2X12 Combo
            ESP Eclipse Custom Shop '07 with WCR Cherrybucker Set
            ESP Eclipse Custom Shop '07 with EMG 81 and 60
            ESP Viper Custom Shop '07 with EMG 81 and 85
            ESP Esquire Custom Shop (Jeff Beck)
            Gibson SG Standard with WCR American Steele Set

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I need to sell the ESP to afford a PRS McCarty I have on hold at my local music store.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                This is a great guitar. ESP, not 'ltd', but ESP make awesome guitars and the strats they have put out are top notch.

$700 for this guitar, with a case... is a steal, so you guys should jump on it before someone on ebay does.

I'd go for it, but i recently put $690 down on an ESP Seymour Duncan Strat from Scott_F... which is a schweeeeeeeeet axe!

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say this is an excellent deal.
                Thanks Mattt! I appreciate the commets. It really is a sweet axe, but I am just not a strat guy unfortunately. I am a humbucker/P90 guy through and through!

Comment

Working...
                X