FS: Dean Chafin Del Sol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Dean Chafin Del Sol

It's been a good two years, but I finally have to let this baby go. My obsession with my Grosh Bent Top Custom has made my Dean go unplayed and a guitar is made to be played

The guitar is in overall good + condition. The frets are in fantastic condition. The fretboard has been regularly oiled and cared for. The gold hasn't worn on the hardware (even though the pics may make it look like it has). It comes stock with Grover tuners so the guitar never goes out of tune (none of those G string issues like with guitars like Les Pauls). The guitar has been upgraded in several ways. Stock, these guitars have small drilled holes that only accept import electronics. I had a professional repairman/player in my area drill it to the exact specs for US electronics and CTS pots (the very best) have been installed. The stock pickups were decent, but they were muddy and undefined, so I switched them out for Dimarzio Virtual PAFs (check harmony-central for reviews, you'll see why I like them so much). The guitars original wiring was very messy, so I paid to have the pro repairman in my area do all the wiring for me (he does an exceptional soldering job). All of these things contribute to a much finer instrument, both in tone and reliability. It's made of good wood as the pics show (check out the grain of the mahogany on the back, it looked better than my Gibson Les Paul Standard). I wish I could get a better picture of the mahogany on the back pictures, but it's very rich looking. It sounds fantastic unplugged, not as loud as an acoustic, but louder than any great solid body I've played. It comes with a very nice Dean hardshell case (something that had to be specially ordered). The nut on it came actually cut and setup properly. There are no intonation problems, no dead frets anywhere, the neck is NOT warped. The inlays are beautiful and unique and there is nothing on this instrument that was done sloppily (which is amazing in itself given its price).

Check out all the other pictures of the instrument:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Now for the disclaimer: there are only two flaws with it. I have one small nick on the back of the neck and a small nick on the upper left hand corner of the body of the guitar.

I am looking for $450 + $20 S&H (insurance included - I'll pay for the extra) in the 48 US. I am the-seattle-rocker on eBay (I have sold some VERY high ticket items on there, like the Bad Cat Hot Cat and Gibson Les Paul Standard). On the Gear Page, I sold a Hughes & Kettner Triamp to MikeyG and I sold a MJM Blues Devil to Patch. I sold a Tascam recorder here on the forums to slightly_rude, EMG Zakk Wylde set to MRID, a Boss AC-2 to stratsandaks and two pickups to Teleplayer1 (check out the feedback portion of this section). I ship the next day after I receive payment (I'm pretty sure post offices are closed on the weekends though). As always, if you have any questions, please PM me, reply to this thread or e-mail me at [email protected].
    Last edited by That90'sGuy; 01-26-2005, 01:45 PM.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Re: FS: Dean Chafin Del Sol

man I remember the first time I saw those guitars...I fell in love with them...still am...just can't afford it right now...it sucks...someone's going to get a sweet upgraded guitar
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Thanks for the bump CapoFirstFret and kind words Ironically, I also like my capo on the first fret of my guitars (I use the Dunlop Trigger kind)
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.

Comment

After some thought, I've decided not to sell it after all. If anyone has any interest in it in the future, let me know. For right now, I think it'll come in handy with my band.

Comment

Working...
        X