FT--Alt 8 trembucker, Gibson 57 Classic 4 conductor chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT--Alt 8 trembucker, Gibson 57 Classic 4 conductor chrome

Considering trading these. Absolutely nothing wrong with them save the tone wasn't what I expected. Plenty of lead wire.

Stuff I'm looking for--Custom in trem spacing, Slash neck pup, Becker in trem spacing, Parallel Axis Original, Parallel Axis Distortion.

Full disclosure: this would be my first trade here. Amazon feedback is 4.8/5 over 6 trades. Ebay is similar. Can provide proof of these upon request.

Thanks for looking.

Re: FT--Alt 8 trembucker, Gibson 57 Classic 4 conductor chrome

What color is the Alt8?

Comment

Regular black with logo.

Comment

I've got a mint Custom 5 (trem-spaced, of course) I'd trade for that alternative 8. Never done a trade before, so no clue what the protocol is.
        Last edited by RipperShred; 06-20-2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Sorry man I think I've already set a trade up.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
            Sorry man I think I've already set a trade up.
            Alright dude. If it doesn't happen I'm game.

Comment

did that trade go through?

Comment

Yes it did. I may be willing to trade a 59 at some point, though, if that interests you.

Comment

Appreciate the offer, but after an Alternative 8... and a Pegasus, and a perpetual burn.

Comment

If you're after an Alt. 8, expect a Distortion with more bass. It's kind of scratchy. That's why I wasn't pleased with it.

The harmonics jumped off it though.

Comment

I've got the perfect guitar to put it in then.

Comment

Just a bit much for me. Full Shred is more my thing and if I need as much gain as a hotter wound pup I can boost the pedal before the amp.

Let me know if you like the Becker, though.

Comment

I felt that way about the distortion initially; it was too much, too "big" sounding, but it's grown on me. I'm sure I'll like the PB; I'm rocking a screamin' demon right now and lovin' it, the PB's supposed to be in that ballpark. Had a Pegasus/sentient 7 string combo that I adored, but sold the 7 string, and have missed that tone ever since.

Comment

I love the Distortion for leads but it can be a bit much. It really cuts through a mix. I want to try the neck model in the bridge to see how I feel about it.

I love the Demon for chugga chugga stuff. I just wish it was a little hotter wound on the high strings. If the highs of a Shred and the lows of a Demon had a baby, I'd be happy.

Some have said the PB sounds like a JB. I want to stay away from that. I hate a JB in the bridge but it is really versatile in the neck. As a humbucker, it sounds really hot and warm. Split it sounds Strat like.

Comment

Working...
                            X