FS: Red Wing 2238 work boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Red Wing 2238 work boots

A little off-topic, but I thought it was worth a shot to post this on this forum... I'm moving on from a pair of Red Wings I had been wearing because I have determined the steel toe bothers my right foot and it is not a requirement for my job. In my view the boots are in good shape and have a lot of life left in the soles and the uppers. Here are the details:

Red Wing 2238 model 8" lace up
    size 8.5 D
    steel toe
    DynaForce insole
    made in USA

These may be waterproof; there is a lining on the inside, and I remember falling into a creek last winter and feeling like my foot didn't get nearly as cold or wet as I was expecting. I suspect they are waterproof but just can't say for certain so I don't want to make that claim.

I bought these boots for $200 in December 2015 and wore them for almost a year and a half before ultimately deciding the steel toe wasn't for me, a decision I made a month or so ago. Other than the steel toe I thought they were extremely comfortable after they broke in. There are a few scratches on the toe and on one you can peel the leather back and see the steel; other than that the leather hasn't worn through to the steel yet. The toe can be treated with KG's Boot Guard or something like that if desired. The soles are in good shape; the most prominent wear is located toward the inside/toe area (big toe area) of each foot due to the way I walk. I did think the boots got hot in the summer time, and I attributed that to the fact that I laced them tightly, and they have the lining on the inside, instead of raw leather.

I don't know how to price these but thought $50 shipped was a good price/value for someone with a size 8.5 D shoe that wanted a high quality pair of work boots with some wear but a good amount of life left. Anyone wanting further information please let me know.

Thank you.

Edit: buying shoes online without trying them on is a little dicey, so if someone buys these and they don't fit/aren't comfortable you can mail them back to me and I will refund payment when the boots make it back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	5844730Click image for larger version

Name:	back.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	5844729Click image for larger version

Name:	inside profile.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB