banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTT My Suhr Thornbucker for YOUR Suhr Thornbucker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT My Suhr Thornbucker for YOUR Suhr Thornbucker!!

I had ordered a black 53mm Thornbucker from Amazon, and they inadvertently sent me the same pickup but the raw nickel version. I only kept it so I could hear it, and I love it, I just want to trade for the black bobbined version in 53mm.

Anyone?

Re: WTT My Suhr Thornbucker for YOUR Suhr Thornbucker!!

You might only need to take off the cover- have you checked whether the one they sent has black bobbins underneath?

You can find out without removing the cover; just take out the bobbin screws from the baseplate and look in the holes, then put the screws back in.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Yeah but that just seems like a waste of the beautiful nickel cover.

Comment

True. Just not sure how many double-black F-spaced Thornbuckers are out there yet, to make finding a trade practical. These are supposed to be great humbuckers; they've been on my radar for awhile now. But I keep finding great used deals on pickups I already know and love- just pulled the trigger on another set of Zhangbucker pure-handwounds.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

The Thornbucker is great

Comment

Working...
          X