banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F.S. Early 90's Zebra Seymour Duncan 59's Vintage Blues Set....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.S. Early 90's Zebra Seymour Duncan 59's Vintage Blues Set....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	5845571

I've had these in my Les Paul for about a year now & they sound bloody fantastic!!! I'm going to be dropping a Slash set into that guitar instead so these can go to someone else. I bought them off a friend who had dropped them into his Lester back in 93 & kept them in it until an unfortunate headstock break forced him to buy a new guitar...

IMHO they are a little sweeter and rounder than modern production 59's, probably somewhere between a modern 59 set & Antiquity's? They are in near perfect condition with long legs, single conductor hookups, & will ship with springs and screws. The leads have been cut down some but there's enough there to get them into a L.P. Etc. & of course they can always be extended for a platform that requires more...

$130.00 P.P. gift or add 3.5% for fees please....
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: F.S. Early 90's Zebra Seymour Duncan 59's Vintage Blues Set....

Any possibility for a trade? I have a few things to offer. Also, are these wound by MJ? can you post a pic of the baseplates?
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Actually I think I'm going to be holding onto these for now? I just picked up a old Epi. Emperor ii Jazz Box that plays pretty decent but like most Epi.'s the pickups are kinda week, pretty muddy, & overly dark, so they gotta go!!! I'm hoping to fill it with something I've got on hand to save some cash & these seem like they might not suck...

As to your question, I honestly don't remember if there was a winder's sticker on the back of them or not??? To be honest I never really bought into the whole "Who wound it" thing all that much, at least not enough to spend (or charge in this case) more on any pickup's because any particular person wound it???

I mean don't get me wrong, M.J. winds great pickups & she's been there forever so she's definitely got experience on her side but in a blind test I highly doubt I'd be able to tell the difference between a 59 that she wound vs a 59 someone else wound around the same time frame...

As far as pictures go I still haven't pulled & replaced them because they hadn't sold & I've been kinda lazy recently, LOL!!!
      Last edited by Nostalgic Distortion; 10-20-2017, 12:44 PM.
      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Man ND you are a tease putting those up and holding them back.

As far as MJ, some of the best MJ-wound pickups are right now - consider how much she knows today compared to the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Man ND you are a tease putting those up and holding them back.

As far as MJ, some of the best MJ-wound pickups are right now - consider how much she knows today compared to the 80's.
          LOL, they'll go back up if they don't work out the way I like in that thing.

FWIW, I tend to agree with you on the MJ statement. I'd imagine her work has only gotten better with experience & new technological developments...

Again, I'm not saying she's not a living legend in my book but personally I've never seen anyone at a concert saying "Wow, that guitarist is getting fantastic tone with that M.J. wound 59!!! She must have wound it on a rainy Tuesday in September 1989?"...

Comment

Working...
          X