WTB:Heyboer Output Transformer for Epiphone Valve Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB:Heyboer Output Transformer for Epiphone Valve Jr

Anyone have a used or new Heyboer Output Transformer for an Epiphone Valve Junior laying around?
    Would prefer to buy used since new is a bit pricey for my budget at this time. Would like to stick with Heyboer since its a pop and drop right in the chassis.

Re: WTB:Heyboer Output Transformer for Epiphone Valve Jr

Whats a new one run, $50-$75? Not much savings potential for going used.

A quick search found this (no affiliation)

Clearing out parts bin. Epiphone Valve Jr. Output Transformer. Not sure of the year. Sold as is.
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

FWIW, I put this (http://www.classictone.net/40-18030.html) in mine. No regrets, but I did sell my VJr. years ago now. Plug and play as well. I read great things about the Heyboer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks BadBen. I did see the one ya linked from the Reverb site. The only thing about that one is its a stock OT from what I gather. Ive read great things about Classic Tone transformers. I wasnt aware of this one (40-18030). The price fits my budget too. Exactly what I wanted to spend. But still curious about the heyboer from all Ive read about it. Not sure which would be better and if the heyboer is actually overpriced or is there some type of build quality difference between the two. Price reflex something different I would imagine??? The heyboer is $75 from the one place that I can only find it online. Emailed the company but havent heard back from them yet. I definitely appreciate your input though. Ill keep this classic tone in mind for sure. Thank you for the recommendation. I may just end up with this one as $ is tight.

Comment

I assume you have a head rather than a combo? Do you know if you have a version 2 circuit board or a version 3? The version 2 board is green and the 3 is black. If you've got a 3 then the OT is only going to be a marginal improvement in any case as by then they had one that better matched up to the circuit. If you've got a green board then you'll definitely notice a difference from the Classic Tone.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Heyboer is an excellent product, but my thinking is at $75 that represents half the amps value.

The $20 stock replacement make far more economical sense
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Those were exactly my thoughts Ayrton. But I have a good stock one I wanted to improve the tone as I read it does make the amp sound better. Im gonna still hold out for a used Heyboer OT for it ya never know maybe someone has one laying around and wants some extra cash in hand. If not then I may consider the Classic tone OT for it as BadBen linked me to. Again BB thanks for the link. This may be the way I go. Ill give it a lil bit of time though since I just started posting in some wanted forums. Would like to see if anyone has one used.

Comment

BadBen, Forgot to add that I do have V3, black board. I was wondering if this OT was actually in need of replacement and if any improvement would really be noticed since I did read about them making improvements. I saw a video of a mod I wanted to do and the guy said he had a V3 and saw a noticeable improvement but I still questioned it. He used a Heyboer OT and swore it made a good change to it. He also changed out some of the caps and resistors and used an old .68 mustard cap on the board. I hate to waste money needlessly if this OT is just as good as the Heyboer esp. considering the amp isnt really worth alot. I didnt want to sell it off as it comes in handy for home use, talk box use, amongst other things. Not the mention the resale value isnt worth much either. I rather just keep it and use it as a learning tool.

Comment

If you're looking for a platform to learn on without investing a bunch of money, I would pick up this: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F140790229743

I did that to mine along with the Classic Tone OT. The outcome is about as good as it gets without investing a bunch of time and money into it. Less than $50 and about an hour and a half soldering. I wouldn't bother with changing your OT from the stock V3 one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X