banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS/FT 1988 Charvel Model 88 guitar RARE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/FT 1988 Charvel Model 88 guitar RARE!!!!

Here is a super rare Charvel Model 88 guitar. Apparently, they only made 1000 of these guitars and 500 for the North American market. It is made of an African Mahogany and Maple neck/rosewood fret board. Only thing not original is the pickup, which is a Dimarzio MegaDrive from the same time period as the guitar (made famous by Tony MacAlpine). I tried numerous pickups in this guitar and this one seems to really work here (good match for Mahogony body) If you want a different pickup installed, i can definitely do that. I have Many Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio Pickups to choose from. Fresh setup in standard tuning. Only missing the tremolo bar (it takes a drop in bar and Ibanez RG bars work perfectly). Includes gig bag. One ding down near the output jack. I have seen these in not as good of condition go for even more money. Upgraded brass tone block on the floyd rose. The B and high E string locking nut part is stripped, which is a $25 part on Ebay (JT-6 locking nut). Structurally, this guitar is great. Neck is rock solid,straight and without any issues. Frets are in fantastic shape for its age with little to no pits. With just a little work, this could be an awesome vintage super shredder guitar!

This is #256 of 500 sold in the US.

Looking to get $1000 OBO. These things are not common and are becoming collector guitars.

I will only consider trades for the following

Gibson Les Paul Standard or Custom (plus cash on my end) Pre 2005
    Gibson Explorer
    BC Rich USA Gunslinger or ST III
    MIA or MIJ Floyd Rose Fender Stratocaster
    other 1980s Charvel/Jackson
    Late Model Charvel Pro Mod or San Dimas (plus cash from you)

Click image for larger version

Name:	36176722_10209320993060263_2119833151059525632_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	5848555

Name:	35970267_10209320993220267_2233649178813136896_n.jpg
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	5848556

Name:	35974525_10209320993460273_1729430420673527808_n.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	5848557

Name:	35972088_10209320993980286_5736186805313601536_n.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	5848558

Name:	35988444_10209320993700279_4458420552851259392_n.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	5848559
    Last edited by STLMTLHD79; 07-11-2018, 11:59 PM.
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Re: FS/FT 1988 Charvel Model 88 guitar RARE!!!!

bump
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Bump-going to trade this if nobody is interested. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Comment

This is one of the times that I hate being left handed because this is one of my fav guitars and I always wished I could have one. Several times I thought about learning to also play right handed so I could get some of the cool stuff thats out there.

Are you going to go after the new Charvel Model-1888?? Thats a really cool guitar actually!! Needs an Orig Floyd and some other pickups but thats really cool that they finally reissued that, however they shoulda made it a slanted humbucker/1volume like the original, but the Floyd style locking nut is a huge improvement over the original’s which we both arent a huge fan of cause we spoke about it several times.
        These dont pop up for sale too often, in fact there are only two showing up on ebay’s completed listings, and with only 500 domestic and 500 export thats one reason as to why they are uncommon.
        If I remember correctly #1-500 were for the US and #501-1000 were for over seas markets like Japan,UK,etc...
        What number is yours?

Honestly I kinda hope you keep this, but as long as it finds a good home thats all that matters in the end.
        87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
          Here is a super rare Charvel Model 88 guitar. Apparently, they only made 1000 of these guitars and 500 for the North American market. It is made of an African Mahogany and Maple neck/rosewood fret board. Only thing not original is the pickup, which is a Seymour Duncan Full Shred wound by Maricella Juarez (MJ) from the same time period as the guitar. If you want a different pickup installed, i can definitely do that. I have Many Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio Pickups to choose from. Fresh setup in standard tuning. Only missing the tremolo bar (it takes a drop in bar and Ibanez RG bars work perfectly). Includes gig bag. One ding down near the output jack. I have seen these in not as good of condition go for even more money. Upgraded brass tone block on the floyd rose. The B and high E string locking nut part is stripped, which is a $25 part on Ebay (JT-6 locking nut). Structurally, this guitar is great. Neck is rock solid,straight and without any issues. Frets are in fantastic shape for its age with little to no pits. With just a little work, this could be an awesome vintage super shredder guitar!

Looking to get $1000 OBO. These things are not common and are becoming collector guitars.

I will only consider trades for the following

Gibson Les Paul Standard or Custom (plus cash on my end) Pre 2005
          Gibson Explorer
          other 1980s Charvel/Jackson
          Late Model Charvel Pro Mod or San Dimas (plus cash from you)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90696[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90697[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90698[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90700[/ATTACH]
          Pickup has been changed to a Dimarzio Megadrive. Other than that, guitar is the same and willing to take reasonable offers.
          Last edited by STLMTLHD79; 07-12-2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Bump-updated information-installed a Dimarzio MegaDrive and sounds amazing. Will take reasonable offers.

Comment

Bump-if this doesnt sell by the end of the month then i am keeping it/upgrading it

Comment

Bump $800 and it is yours. I was able to buy a trem bar for it as well.

Still willing to trade for the following

Gibson Explorer
                other 1980s Charvel/Jackson especially a Model 7, 475 or 550
                Charvel DK24 hard tail

Comment

I am interested but not at that price, I have a couple already, and love these guitars. does this have the original case and case candy? IE: warranty card model 88 leaflet etc hang tag? these are mine

Name:	IMG_0237.JPG
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	5810410

Comment

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
                    I am interested but not at that price, I have a couple already, and love these guitars. does this have the original case and case candy? IE: warranty card model 88 leaflet etc hang tag? these are mine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93827[/ATTACH]
                    It doesnt have OG case, just a jackson gig bag. No original paperwork either. PM me and we can discuss possible price.

Comment

Bump-just to update the original listing, I have replaced the locking nut with an OG one that works perfectly. I also replaced the trem bar (push in style). The pickup is now a Dimarzio Megadrive from the same time period.

$800 shipped and it is yours

Comment

Sale Pending

Comment

Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X