No announcement yet.

KTG-1 with footswitch connected to ADA T100s amp and two 12" speaker cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTG-1 with footswitch connected to ADA T100s amp and two 12" speaker cabinet

I am helping a older woman by selling some band equipment that her late husband used. The drum set and guitars are sold however I found this in a corner of the basement and believe this forum may appreciate it's value.

The gentleman build a very heavy cabinet to house two 12" speakers and wired it specifically for this set up. Inside a metal cabinet he has installed a ADA T100s tube amplifier and connected to it is the Duncan KTG-1 pre-amp with the programmable foot switch.

I have hooked it up to a guitar and there is no humming and plenty of power. The ADA fan used to cool the tubes moves a lot of air so you get the normal sound from that fan. The ADA pots are a little scratchy but that's it for problems.

I see three of the KDG-1's on e-bay out of Japan for high dollars so I am hoping to raise a good amount for her on this sale.

This set up is very heavy. I can not ship because of the weight. This is in Central Iowa and I am asking $1750. Reduce $1500 OBO I do not want to split these apart to sell separately.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7841.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	5849518Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7836.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	5849516Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7837.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	5849520Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7838.jpg
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	5849521Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7840.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	5849522
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dnelsd; 11-26-2018, 10:21 AM. Reason: editing price

Re: KTG-1 with footswitch connected to ADA T100s amp and two 12" speaker cabinet

Bump

Comment

Re: KTG-1 with footswitch connected to ADA T100s amp and two 12" speaker cabinet

Welcome to the SDUGF. That’s some interesting gear, and it’s good you’re letting us know about it.

That said, you’ll do a lot better if you break it into individual components. The Duncan preamp and A/DA power amplifier will sell easily and are ship-able. The 12” speakers are an unknown at this point, you should remove them from the cabinet and tell potential buyers what they are: make, model, impedance, and power rating are the most useful bits of info. They could be worth anywhere from $40 to $250 depending on what they are.

The cabinet is obviously very heavy-duty but is of no interest to many guitar players since it is made of cheap void-filled construction-grade plywood. The 19” rack cabinet for the amps similarly appears to be homemade and has little appeal.

If you truly want to maximize the cash return, break they system up and sell the components to a national or international market using eBay or better yet, Reverb.com. The cabinets, you might be able to give away on Craig’s List, but they might just be firewood. Don’t let them pull down the value of the otherwise desirable and valuable gear.

Please take this in the helpful spirit intended. It’s cool gear; I hope you can find it a good home and make some $$$ for the widow. Best of luck with the sale.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Thanks Rich, I will take your advice and separate these then go to Reverb.com.

Comment

Rich nailed it, a homemade cabinet isn't worth the shipping cost. I really hate to tell you, especially considering you are doing this for a noble cause, but your price may be a little high on the rack gear these days, even given the relative rarity of both pieces. Search some completed auctions for similar items on ebay to get a better idea.

Comment

Thank you. I have removed the KTG-1 from it's rack and it looks excellent. It is also much lighter than expected and should be an easy ship. I see ebay listings only from Japan at 1K to 1.3K without the programmable foot switch. Is the market only in Japan? I would like to see $1275 and keep it in the US.

Comment

There's a lot of vintage gear available for sale from Japan, but I generally find that their asking prices are high. (Same with vintage camera gear. The nicest lenses are all in Japan, but they ain't cheap.) See if you can find some KTG-1 sales that closed recently to get a better idea of actual selling prices. You can post on Reverb with your hoped-for prices, but check the box to "accept offers". That way, if the market thinks your price is high, the buyers will let you know. You don't have to accept the first offer that comes in, but several offers might give you a good idea of a realistic price. (I'm not saying your prices isn't realistic; I really have no idea what the market for these things is like.)

I think that power amp would be an easy sale these days. It would really work well in a modern stereo guitar rig with an AxeFX or other multi-effects/amp modeler as the front end.

It would be nice if those speakers turned out to be EVM-12Ls or something similar. :-)

Keep us posted and give us the Reverb links when you get the listings up.
              Last edited by Rich_S; 11-26-2018, 08:14 PM.
              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

I'm not sure what the value of the KTG-1 is, but the prices on the Japanese listings are usually very high and they rarely sell here. Check the box for ended items or completed items on the left side column to get a better idea of what stuff is actually selling for.

I found one that sold in CA for $1149.99 in September, so you may not be far off in your pricing, that's really surprising for a rack mount preamp these days, you can get a Mesa Triaxis or Marshall JMP-1 for less. Hopefully there are more than 1 person out there looking for the KTG-1 and you can find a buyer!

There is also one listed on Reverb for $1175 - https://reverb.com/p/seymour-duncan-...&hfid=15447362

Best of luck on the sale!

Comment

Thanks guys for the reasoning to split this group up. I have listed the KTG-1 on Reverb.com.

Reverb is a marketplace bringing together a wide-spanning community to buy, sell, and discuss all things music gear.

I will do the same with the ADA T100S then on to removing the speakers from the cabinet.

I appreciate the advice and assistance.

Comment

Hello again, reporting in that I was able to raise $300 for the ADA amp and $860 for the KTG-1 for my lady friend. She was very surprised and I was happy to make the deals for her.
                    Thank to this site again for the encouragement to split things up and ship them out.
                    David

Comment

glad to hear things worked out

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Working...
                        X