Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT/S: Pickups for pickups/pedals/etc

Hi there,

I'm wanting to try out more pickups and I've got some things to trade if anyone is interested.

Here is some of the stuff I've got for trade:

Blackstar HT-5 head (early model)
    Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 100 Watt amp
    Blackstar FLY 3 amp (Sounds amazing, ended up buying two more)

Friedman Dirty Shirley OD (Would have to be a good trade, really like it!)
    Dunlop Zakk Wylde WAH pedal

Duncan JB trembucker in zebra

DBX 266xs compressor/gate
    Behringer multicom pro-xl
    Behringer sonic exciter
    Behringer virtualizer pro
    Mackie 1202VLZ3 mixer

PS4 Pro (Black, less than 5 hours on it to download games that never got played, found and bought the Spiderman one the next day)

I'm open to other offers if you have others but here's what I'm looking for:

[COLOR="#E6E6FA"]Speakers:
    Eminence Man O War/CV-75/Governor/Swamp Thang, etc, etc (I want to try a lot of them)
    EVM12L's
    G12K-100's
    G12T-75's

Pickups:
    Dimebucker
    L500XL
    Fishman Classics

I'd consider other things, looking for cash, speakers or a good laptop right now most of all.

EDIT: I'm in the eastern US by the way!
    Last edited by Semetery; 02-15-2019, 01:26 PM.

Re: WTT/S: Pickups for pickups/pedals/etc

The only thing I have on your list is an Invader, and I'd be interested in your 2i2. Let me know if you're interested, how the values compare, etc.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Is the Peavey Vortex a strat style body sort of like the Vandenberg from the 80s?

Also i have a Nazgul trembucker i can definitely trade. I may also have a Black winter coming soon that is currently in a guitar.
      Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
      Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
        The only thing I have on your list is an Invader, and I'd be interested in your 2i2. Let me know if you're interested, how the values compare, etc.
        Is it neck or bridge?

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
        Is the Peavey Vortex a strat style body sort of like the Vandenberg from the 80s?

Also i have a Nazgul trembucker i can definitely trade. I may also have a Black winter coming soon that is currently in a guitar.
        Here are a couple of pics, they're before I put the EMG's in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	42694365_10157122274324276_8293036473628753920_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	5810805Click image for larger version

Name:	42752055_10157122274404276_1960559116430606336_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	5810806

Comment

Originally posted by Semetery View Post
          Is it neck or bridge?
          Bridge in black.
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post

I'm definitely interested in them if you see anything you'd want on there.

Bridge in black.
            I can never make my mind up on the Invader, the clips make it sound muffled and I'm wondering if you have that experience with it, what guitar did you have it in?

Comment

I can never make my mind up on the Invader, the clips make it sound muffled and I'm wondering if you have that experience with it, what guitar did you have it in?
              I've had it in both a Strat and my brother's MIJ BC Rich Mockingbird Archtop. I wouldn't call it muffled, but the emphasis is definitely on the lower mids and bass. I wouldn't recommend 250K pots or putting it in a bass-heavy guitar, but it should be fine otherwise. I likewise wouldn't recommend it if you play primarily lead, unless you're the only guitar player. It excels at huge sounding, aggressive rhythm playing. I pulled it from the Strat because it was just too hot for what I wanted to play on that guitar, and my brother ended up selling the Mockingbird Archtop because he didn't like the rather extreme neck angle.

Comment

I’m interested in your BW neck. If the the custom is F-spaced I may be interested in that too.

I have:
                white Suhr DSH+ (leads short for some guitars)
                creme Dimarzio PAF 36th
                white Dimarzio Cruiser
                Blacked out Dimarzio Super 3/Evo neck

Comment

I've had it in both a Strat and my brother's MIJ BC Rich Mockingbird Archtop. I wouldn't call it muffled, but the emphasis is definitely on the lower mids and bass. I wouldn't recommend 250K pots or putting it in a bass-heavy guitar, but it should be fine otherwise. I likewise wouldn't recommend it if you play primarily lead, unless you're the only guitar player. It excels at huge sounding, aggressive rhythm playing. I pulled it from the Strat because it was just too hot for what I wanted to play on that guitar, and my brother ended up selling the Mockingbird Archtop because he didn't like the rather extreme neck angle.
                  I used to really really want one and then as I heard them in LP's, it got less as that's what most of my guitars are and I look for a pretty defined high end. Even the Custom feels pretty thick in the LP's I have them in, so I'd worry about something like that. But that doesn't rule it out, I'd just need to think of it.

Originally posted by DreamSeeker View Post
                  I’m interested in your BW neck. If the the custom is F-spaced I may be interested in that too.

I have:
                  white Suhr DSH+ (leads short for some guitars)
                  creme Dimarzio PAF 36th
                  white Dimarzio Cruiser
                  Blacked out Dimarzio Super 3/Evo neck
                  I've never had a Dimarzio and I've become sold on Duncan's though I'm curious what you personally think of these you've listed? I play mostly heavy stuff and like a good bass and defined mids and highs, the Black Winter's for me are exactly what I look for, it just happens that I have an extra neck. Am I to assume these aren't so much in that ballpark?

Comment

The only one that would almost fit that category is the Super 3 but it has rolled off highs to keep the higher registers from getting harsh. It’s got a great chug though.

Another user offered me a Parallel Axis for one of my pickups. I’ll message you and see if we can work something out.

Comment

I have looped him in..
                      Guitars:
                      2017 Epiphone dot
                      2007 Fender Strat (Andrew Robertson Pickups "Black strat set")
                      2015/19 Fender fat telecaster
                      (Andrew robertson pickups broadcaster/ Duncan 59n)

Peavey Classic 50 head/ Peavey Classic 410e cab

Comment

I used to really really want one and then as I heard them in LP's, it got less as that's what most of my guitars are and I look for a pretty defined high end. Even the Custom feels pretty thick in the LP's I have them in, so I'd worry about something like that. But that doesn't rule it out, I'd just need to think of it.
                        I've heard of people liking them in LPs, but it wouldn't be my first pick. The Mockingbird Archtop was pretty thick, but the MIJ version was either maple or basswood with a maple set neck; it was definitely a bright-toned guitar. If you decide that you want it, shoot me a PM.

Comment

Semetary, I sent you a pm regarding my Bill/Becky L500L and L500XL which are both available so if interested hit me up.
                          As far as trades go I'm looking for another Full Shred and/or maybe a Custom.
                          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Updated to remove some things I've sold and add a couple new things. Added a couple more wants as well.
                            Last edited by Semetery; 02-08-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X