• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang! 80's double cream 59 set on ebay

A little pricey perhaps?
    Guitars:
    2017 Epiphone dot
    2007 Fender Strat (Andrew Robertson Pickups "Black strat set")
    2015/19 Fender fat telecaster
    (Andrew robertson pickups broadcaster/ Duncan 59n)

Peavey Classic 50 head/ Peavey Classic 410e cab

Re: Dang! 80's double cream 59 set on ebay

I’m sure he accidentally put an additional “0” on the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      I can maybe see $200, but $1k? CRAZY
      Guitars:
      2017 Epiphone dot
      2007 Fender Strat (Andrew Robertson Pickups "Black strat set")
      2015/19 Fender fat telecaster
      (Andrew robertson pickups broadcaster/ Duncan 59n)

Peavey Classic 50 head/ Peavey Classic 410e cab

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        Nah he is selling these hard, this ad comes with all the bells and whistles including all of the classic keywords such as:
        "Vintage" "Double cream" "Wound by the man" "Signed" "cosmetic mojo" And then the clincher that stole my heart "Oh momma"
        87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

I could see someone paying up to $500 for the set, but he is fishing. Never say never, anyone that has bought and sold gear knows there is always someone.
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

The listing does state Free shipping, so the buyer won't have to spring for that. Saves you a little.

Now I'm thinking I should have invested in Shop Floor Custom double cremes when you could still get them. For 400% profit per set, I could even have hired a small staff to take the covers off for me.
            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Well, I've got to admit that that's a really cool set of pickups.

They won't go for a grand, I think...but they are damned cool.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Somebody in Japan will probably buy them, eBay prices from Japan always seem to be about double what things normally would sell for...
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Those were not signed in the 80's. The signature is clearly signed OVER part the yellow sticker residue. The sig is also way too dark to be from the 80's. The stickers are real, but are they real to these pickups? Not sure.

I'm still looking for a DC 59'b to match a custom shop 59'n that I have. However, I just picked up a Custom/59'b in DC to match with it for now, and I paid $75 shipped for the C/59. So I have $200 in the set right now.
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

Damn....I have a 3 double cream Duncans. Thats $1500!

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                    I just picked up a Custom/59'b in DC to match with it for now, and I paid $75 shipped for the C/59. So I have $200 in the set right now.
                    You must've bought that recently on TGP, I'm the one that bought the DC Pearly Gates!
                    Last edited by metlking; 12-22-2018, 11:13 PM.
                    Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
                    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Fwiw, I actually do know the seller in the ebay ad. I've dealt with him both in person and online many times because he is one of the few guys on ebay who sort of specialize in 80's guitar parts and more often than not his prices are reasonable and he will take offers. Sometimes though he gets some items and has them priced well above market value such as this ad.
                      Idk... realistically like stated above a few times $200/each is about tops and I've seen many go for that, so that would be my threshold if it was something I had to have. That being said, I'm certain he would entertain the offer of $400 shipped for the pair. I'm discounting the fact that they were signed because well I'm tryin to buy a pickup not someone's opinion on what value it adds.
                      87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

An antiquity set signed by Seymour can be had for $270 barring that you luck out on a set wound/signed by him. I've had one or two pickups wound by him. They don't sell any higher or lower than other sets. This is definitely a far reach by the seller since DC aren't "made" anymore.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by metlking View Post
                          Damn....I have a 3 double cream Duncans. Thats $1500!

You must've bought that recently on TGP, I'm the one that bought the DC Pearly Gates!

I did actually, I saw that you bought the PG. I would have bought it too were it an older model, but I just completed a trade in November that completed my DC PG set. Bridge from the 80's, neck early 00's. Best I could do.

I figured leave the PG for someone else who might need it. Glad it went to a great forum brother.

Jeff
                          My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post

I figured leave the PG for someone else who might need it. Glad it went to a great forum brother.

Jeff
                            Awesome brother! And likewise my friend!

Incidentally, if anyone is in need, there is a Seth Lover neck on eBay that is double cream for a more realistic price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/283315038356?ul_noapp=true
                            Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
                            "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Originally posted by metlking View Post
                              Awesome brother! And likewise my friend!

Incidentally, if anyone is in need, there is a Seth Lover neck on eBay that is double cream for a more realistic price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/283315038356?ul_noapp=true
                              That is a reasonable price for a DC Seth. Most people ask $150-$250 each for DC Duncans.
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                              X