Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this all work???

Hi folks.

Never sold or traded anything before (at least not on a forum or Internationally i.e. where I have not been able to meet in person to conclude a transaction). So how does this work??? By that I mean: how is Buyer and Seller protected i.e Buyer gets what was promised and Seller gets paid??? While I would love believe that because we are all musicians the honor system would apply there’s always going to be some miscreant (love that word!!! LOL!!!) that may try to take the proverbial pi*s unfortunately.

Re: How does this all work???

It's really enter at your own risk, however most regular users have an established reputation both on here and other places online so most times you're good to go cause there's good guys on here.

Price and location are always a plus (and generally a given).
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Agreed ^^

For example, you could find me as Tone Meister on at least a dozen of the most popular forums and on Reverb. I have 100% positive feedback on every single one of them. Us regular traders/buyers/sellers have an online trail that is very easy to verify. I suggest you do just that unless the other trader has fully satisfied your criteria and you feel good about the deal.

Be completely honest disclose everything good and bad about your own product and look for the same from the other trader. If you detect any BS or something just doesn't feel right then back out of the deal

Comment

FWIW, I am relatively new here and just did a trade a couple weeks back with metalchurch79 that went off perfectly. So I will vouch for him as an honest, fair, straight up trader.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and right back at ya bro!

I used the name metalchurch on a local musician's forum back in 2005 or so, and for simplicity's sake I kept the same name and password for ebay, and every other forum such as the Jackson/Charvel, Kramer, Jemsite, BCRich player's forum, ESP, Shredguitars, etc, etc...

Using the same name kinda cemented who I was because as the internet grew it was hard to keep track of who's who.. I kinda regret it and wished I used a different name, but what can ya do..

Plus if you use paypal you'll be covered by that as well unless it's friends/family of course.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Yeah, it is essentially a board to post things wanted/for sale. SD themselves are completely out of all phases of the transaction, except as the mechanism to post what you are selling. You have to research the buyer or seller yourself, and get a good sense of the person by their history here. Also, look through the Good Trader and Bad Trader threads.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yep, you'll find the good to bad trader ratio in favor of the good.

Comment

But for one problem:

I already know I will have a hard time trying to sell metalchurch79 a Blaze!!! LOL!!!

But thanks for all the input and advice. All noted. I got some thinking to do I think. I have spent a lot of money on some really good, but expensive, stuff and if I am honest with myself: I get what I want from stock flipping Chinese budget Jackson (which just had to be a little finessed by a good Luthier when I got it). Not gonna rehash everything again. But watch this space. Maybe a good, but rather unbelievable, deal coming soon to a thread near you!!! LOL!!!

Hmmmnnn... And by the way: my beloved white Jackson has a Basswood body (and not Alder) (this after much digging). Explains its flipping great tone even more accurately than the stuff I have read about Alder. Go figure. Better I find and update the threads on this issue.

Anyways. As I said: watch this space!!!

Guess I have finally just arrived at the point where I just wanna play (thanks to my little tone breakthrough of the other day) and stop mucking about with all this stuff (my new as yet untested Invader being the proverbial “cherry on top”).
                Last edited by dpaterson; 01-02-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Yea there's no way Id buy one of those and I coulda grabbed one for cheap last summer but declined....

What Jackson of yours has a basswood body??

Fwiw, when its time for you to list things I would delete this thread altogether or lock it and start a whole new one, but keep it uncluttered and on point so its easier on potential buyers. Ive been off work the last few weeks so out of sheer boredom Ive been posting a lot myself and its so easy for these threads to go off topic and turn into a completely different thread...

Best of luck on your sales but I'm sure you'll be ok. You can always pm someone on here and ask about a specific person if you're leery. Sometimes sellers will follow up on their thread with a "thanks for the purchase, so and so, tracking number coming soon" just to kind of make public that a transaction took place.

Comment

Hello.

Thanks (all) for the good and sound advice and information. As I said: got some thinking to do I reckon. As it stands now: in spite of my resolution (as posted on the "Vivian thread") yet another day gone by and I've not picked up a guitar i.e. mucking about with couriers, pickups that could implode on themselves, forums, and who knows what else.

Suppose I'm gonna get in trouble here by continuing but my white Jackson, I now believe, has a Basswood body (based purely on specs. I've read on sites OTHER than Jackson's OWN website which says it's Poplar and it is NOT). This coupled with the fact that I cannot see Jackson making a budget guitar with an Alder body. And it apparently has Jackson JE-10 pickups which, for some reason, are specified as such with this model (as opposed to Jackson's standard "Jackson High Output Humbucker" description on all the other models including my black Jackson which, I'm sure, is a Poplar body). The tone of this guitar is like nothing else i.e. full, rounded, no "ice picK' nonsense, articulate, "bouncy", jangly, resonant, dunno what else to say about it. I will GUARANTEE that if I had to put that Invader in this guitar I'd have that white Charvel tone 100% (I'm just not prepared to mess with this guitar AT all).

Comment

Working...
                    X