Early ESP M-1 For Sale or Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early ESP M-1 For Sale or Trade

Not sure of the year, I assume it is a late 80's model. Fully set up by a pro tech, Eric Chaz. Includes an ESP hard case. I do not have the tremolo arm. The tremolo is blocked, but I can have the block removed, if you prefer.

Pickups are, Seymour Duncan Custom 5 or Pearly Gates and Fender Pure Vintage 65

Guitar sounds and plays great.

SOLD Shipped or Best Offer

I am pretty much open in regards to trades for guitars or amps.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 4406cuda; 03-05-2019, 03:56 PM.

Re: Early ESP M-1 For Sale or Trade

From what I can tell by the pics it appears to be a 1990,91,92... Offset neck plate, ESP Sinclair trem are two reasons I date it to the early 90's
    If you can get better pics and a serial number I can have my ESP buddy give you a date to within 6months of a model year cause he is the man when it comes to these and helps me date them all the time. I'm still picking his brain and learning but there are so many little details that mean everything on these.

*I believe 1989 was the last year for the rear mounted nut.
    **The strat neck plate was phased out during that time as well. (and then brought back)
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

I will check for the serial number. I believe the trem is a Schaller.

Comment

Wasn't M-I a single humbucker guitar, hence the "I"?

Trem is ESP Sinclair, Made in Japan sorta-Floyd... rare enough to make your guitar a believable ESP/ESP partscaster or heavily modded M-I, so its somewhat odd presence is a good thing for you
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I cant see the headstock but technically an HSS would be an M-III

Ive seen M-1's that were H/S, which if Im not mistaken were M-1 Customs depending on the year. I seem to recall seeing M-1's that were HSS as well. Back then and especially during the 48th Street era you could get anything you wanted even if what you wanted was technically already a named model, such as in this case.

Edit:
          The ESP Sinclair trem is not an odd presence, it was their standard trem.
          Kramer had exclusive rights to the Floyd Rose which I think ran out in 1990 or late 1989 when Kramer went under. From then on is when you'd see other companies using them. Even though ESP made Kramers only the Kramers got the OFR as stock equipment. Leastwise here in the states.
          All that being said, if this is a 1990-up and doesnt have an OFR that's nothing to be alarmed about because a lot of companies were using up "old stock" whether that be their own branded trem or a Schaller, Kahler, etc...
          Last edited by metalchurch79; 02-20-2019, 01:39 PM.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post

Ive seen M-1's that were H/S, which if Im not mistaken were M-1 Customs depending on the year. I seem to recall seeing M-1's that were HSS as well. Back then and especially during the 48th Street era you could get anything you wanted even if what you wanted was technically already a named model, such as in this case.

Edit:
            Kramer had exclusive rights to the Floyd Rose which I think ran out in 1990 or late 1989 when Kramer went under. From then on is when you'd see other companies using them. Even though ESP made Kramers only the Kramers got the OFR as stock equipment. Leastwise here in the states.
            All that being said, if this is a 1990-up and doesnt have an OFR that's nothing to be alarmed about because a lot of companies were using up "old stock" whether that be their own branded trem or a Schaller, Kahler, etc...
            Your knowledge of this era of guitars amazes me.

Comment

Thanks bro! I'm not always right and by no means do I know everything but for the most part I'm pretty close or I wouldn't post it. I have friends who each respectively specialize in Jackson/Charvel, ESP,Kramer, BCRich and Ibanez so if I really don't know I'll ask them.

Once I get a serial and some better pics of this I'll run it past my friend and I'll also verify with him the things I stated on here and if I'm wrong I'll correct it because it's not my intention to post BS posts and I reserve the right to be corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post

Edit:
                It's an "odd enough" presence to have no known knockoffs or alternate sources... which makes it rather reassuring
                "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Yea it's baseplate shape is rather unique and I don't know of anything else like it. I also think those Sinclair trems were made by Gotoh for ESP if I'm remembering correctly.

Comment

I think Jason at Drum City has some replacement parts for those Sinclair trems.

Comment

TTT

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 4406cuda View Post
                          Beautiful guitar!
                          I had a 91 or 2k bolt on with the same configuration except mine had the original Floyd. I miss that guitar to this day as they were setup perfectly early on.

Comment

SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X