Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning! Fake JEM7V on Reverb.

Just pointing this out so no-one here falls for it
    Ibanez JEM7V-WH JEM Series Steve Vai Signature HSH Electric Guitar White Made in Japan https://reverb.com/item/19508130-iba...m_medium=share

There’s so much wrong with this:
    The JEM7V came with an Ibanez Edge Original Trem which looks different by being lower profile and the black fine tuners:

Next up is the neck joint which is more rectangular and the bolt spacing is narrower as well as the neck sitting in the same as a regular AANJ as shown below:

The board is also rosewood which was available on the JEM7V for a while however those were scalloped between the 21-24 frets which this isn’t as well the inlays being poorly done
    The pickups are wrong as the JEM7V came with Dimarzio Evolutions which are white pickups with GOLD HEX pole pieces and these clearly aren’t that.

The serial number also just looks off and this exact serial number has been used on other fakes in the past.

As a result I’ve reported the listing to Reverb as potentially fraudulent due to the fact if someone buys this then they’re a grand out of pocket for a Fake.
    Spread the word.
    Last edited by 6stringerguy; 02-18-2019, 01:36 AM.
    Guitars:
    Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
    PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
    ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
    Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
    Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
    Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
    Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
    Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
    Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Re: Warning! Fake JEM7V on Reverb.

Shouldn't all Ibanez Japan serials be F#'s, making the rest of this moot?

What is it originally, anyway? A cheapie Indochina Ibanez or an outside knockoff?
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

What is it originally, anyway? A cheapie Indochina Ibanez or an outside knockoff?
      Not entirely sure but the listing has now been taken down but I’ll keep my eye on the seller as it seems shady as hell.
      Reverb has been notified but not sure if the seller or reverb pulled the listing.
      Guitars:
      Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
      PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
      ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
      Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
      Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
      Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
      Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
      Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
      Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

Warning! Fake JEM7V on Reverb.

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

As I understand it Japanese guitars from the Fujigen factory should all be F series serials.
        And in my limited experience, the majority of the Japanese models I’ve seen are F series. So the fact that this isn’t, is a big red flag. I’m no expert though, by any means.

Even the placement of the serial stamp looks incorrect.

Comment

F is short for Fujigen so yea you're correct on that.

Seems to me its one of those "Rare Electric Guitar" copies. Definitely so much wrong with this one its not even funny....but if you don't know what to look for it's easy to be tricked.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

I would hope that anyone looking for a JEM would know enough about them to spot that from a mile away. It's a white double cutaway guitar, starts going downhill after that...

Comment

Working...
            X