banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lookin for nice PAF set ( pearly gates , paf 36th anniversary...or others!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for nice PAF set ( pearly gates , paf 36th anniversary...or others!)

So guys the title tells it all.....

looking fo a nice set for my LP,

PAF oriented sonority

NIckel cover preferred

Trembucker bridge one ( cause in gibsons is the trembucker or F spacing in the bridge)

shipped oversea, nice fast payment

very serious buyer!!

Thank you!

Gibson’s aren’t trem spaced.
    Last edited by Gtrjunior; 02-25-2019, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Re: Lookin for nice PAF set ( pearly gates , paf 36th anniversary...or others!)

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      Gibson’s aren’t teen spaced.
      u men they are regular spaced?

I am actually pretty sure of that given the bridge pickup on my les paul used to be a JB Trembucker! and ligned perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        Gibson’s aren’t teen spaced.
        Gibson T pickups (e.g. 490T, 498T and 500T) are indeed, at 2-1/16", very close to S.D.'s Trembucker spacing. IME they line up with the strings much better than non-T-spaced Gibson pickups. 1-15/16" (i.e. regular) spaced Gibson pickups have poles that sit quite noticeably inside the E strings when used in the bridge position.

I'm not saying that it matters in terms of tone. But it is true that a T spaced bridge pickup will line up better with the strings in a Gibson. So if you care about such things, then you should be getting T spacing for bridge pickups intended for Gibsons.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Gotcha.....I didn’t know that.

I always have bought regular spaced pickups for my LP’s.
          Never bought a Duncan for them but a few BKP/Dimarzio and always got regular.
          Last edited by Gtrjunior; 02-25-2019, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I've got a PAF Master (Nickel) Set with that configuration.
            PS. Where do you live? Europe, Latin America, Asia, Pacific? That would help calculate shipping costs*
            Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
            Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I messaged you.
              I got very good set of nickel Pearly Gates.

Update - There gone. Someone stateside got them.
              Last edited by joyouswolf; 02-28-2019, 08:34 AM.
              joyouswolf on eBay for references.
              Over 1000 all positive feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by joyouswolf View Post
                I messaged you.
                I got very good set of nickel Pearly Gates.
                Solid trader/seller here ^^^

Comment

How about a Whole Lotta Humbucker set?
                  :afro:

Comment

I'd just go with Seth Lovers and have the best sounding PAF set you can buy.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hello guys! wanted to say thank you fro the amazing support! and the offers of course!

Having already tried the JB/59 ( and didnt partycularly sound well on my LP) I settled on a pair of DImarzios, 36th anniversary PAFs.

I must be honest with you: they sound spectacular. Sweet, articluate and amazing frequancy response. They sing.

I am so satisfied I cannot tell enough!

one final thought: the more I swap pickups, The more I became convinced there is some kind of intimate factor with an instrumet: I mean, if u have a mahogany/ maple LP guitar room , put a known HB set and it will sound absolutely different in any of them. In some maybe even bad. It just cant be told, It cant be predicted, we can only approximate or judge on experience! such a wondderful world that of pickups!

Comment

Originally posted by mst View Post

one final thought: the more I swap pickups, The more I became convinced there is some kind of intimate factor with an instrument: I mean, if u have a mahogany/ maple LP guitar room , put a known HB set and it will sound absolutely different in any of them. In some maybe even bad. It just cant be told, It cant be predicted, we can only approximate or judge on experience! such a wondderful world that of pickups!
                        WORD! There is no way to know if you will ''nail your sound'' in that guitar with any particular pickup combination. Everything is test and trial. I'm glad you finally got your wanted tone.
                        Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
                        Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Manlius T-Top set?
                          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by mst View Post
                            u men they are regular spaced?

I am actually pretty sure of that given the bridge pickup on my les paul used to be a JB Trembucker! and ligned perfectly!
                            21st century Gibson's typical bridge IS fspaced/tremspaced
                            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
                            X