1971 GIBSON LES PAUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 GIBSON LES PAUL

I bought this guitar a while back from a fella in Memphis. The legend goes that this LP was owned by Joe Walsh. It was sold to a Memphis pawn shop by Walsh while he was recording his "Ordinary Average Guy" album in Memphis. I have no documentation or proof....but all the timeline and logistics match up.... it was the history given to me when I bought it....anyway, on to the guitar.

Its a 1971 Gibson Les Paul. No breaks or repairs. It has been re-fretted. I kept all the parts that were on the guitar when I received it. The pots were shot (2 of the original 71 pots were still in the guitar). I didn't like the tone of the mini humms, so I installed a set of LOLLAR p-90s, along with new CTS pots and PIO caps. Original pickups and mounting hardware included (see pics) Toggle is original.

I installed a set of Gotoh locking tuners. No holes were drilled...original bushing still in guitar. Original tuners included.

The guitar came to me in a chainsaw case...it sucked!!! I purchased a really nice plush hard case for it.

The guitar didn't have a pickguard on it when I got it....I put one on it. The knobs are aged modern replacements. The truss rod cover, nut, poker chip and back plates are original. Original pickups and plastics are included.

This LP weighs 10 lbs. The neck is pretty beefy for a 70s LP....certainly not thin! The tone from the Lollars is everything you would expect....it sounds amazing!!!! It sets up great!!! Low action, great playability!!!

As you can expect from an LP that was owned by a professional player, it has plenty of dings, dents, scratches and character....a pro relic, if you will. THERE ARE NO BREAKS.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Most of the original parts, at least what was on the guitar when I received it, are included in the sale. Everything in the pics is included in the sale...parts (current and original) case, etc.

$3200 plus shipping

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0449 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0452 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0453 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0454 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0455 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0456 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0457 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0459 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0460 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0461 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0462 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0464 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0465 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0469 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0471 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0448 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0447 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0446 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_0458 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr
    I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Re: 1971 GIBSON LES PAUL

What a beauty!

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Sold
        I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

Do you have the fourth gray pickup spacer and the fourth hold-down screw for the pickup mounting plates? I don't see them in the pix.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X