FS: covered JB bridge and old style Hot Rails Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: covered JB bridge and old style Hot Rails Neck

I just yanked the JB out of the bridge of a 1997 USA made Hamer. It was the stock pickup in there for 22 years. The cover has developed what I think is an absolutely gorgeous tarnish on it. Would look perfect in a vintage guitar needing a hotter bridge pickup. In fact, I personally love the look of the cover so much I thought about removing the cover and keeping it...
    $65 shipped

Hot Rails neck pickup, tons of lead. Old style, installed in only one guitar back in the mid 90’s.
    $50 shippedClick image for larger version

Name:	4085C5CD-359C-4540-AB9B-919314E7F1CA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	5851625Click image for larger version

Name:	5AD3CA7C-77E6-4E4C-BA74-DB04F5930DA8.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	5851626Click image for larger version

Name:	336EE9E8-7EB3-4E14-9363-8DE252B60B90.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	5851627Click image for larger version

Name:	9715AD8B-23A3-4002-BD6D-9C7519DBFB0D.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	5851628
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: FS: covered JB bridge and old style Hot Rails Neck

Would you consider a trade of your SD covered JB pickup for a new looking bridge Phat Cat pickup? How much lead length is there on the JB?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
      Would you consider a trade of your SD covered JB pickup for a new looking bridge Phat Cat pickup? How much lead length is there on the JB?
      I would entertain that trade. Have never tired a Phat Cat and might like to see how it performs in a couple of guitars. The JB has tons of lead, maybe the full factory length. Click image for larger version

Name:	C58972C5-A5D4-4568-8362-67C4CB2B8672.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	5814534
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

The Phat Cat is bolder than an actual P90. I would have to remove the Phat Cat from the guitar that I will be adding the JB into. It has a Phat Cat in the neck and I think that would be a great combination. (The Phat Cats were a set)

Comment

The Phat Cat is bolder than an actual P90. I would have to remove the Phat Cat from the guitar that I will be adding the JB into. It has a Phat Cat in the neck and I think that would be a great combination. (The Phat Cats were a set)
          Sounds cool. I’ll do the trade. PM me when you’ve got the phat cat pulled and we can exchange info.

Comment

Father’s Day bump

Still available

Comment

Hey Travis, it looks like I probably want to hang on to the Phat Cat. I do, however, have a Seymour Duncan '59 neck pickup with black coils or a Gibson aged gold covered bridge humbucker out of a 2000 Gibson Les Paul Standard that I would be willing to trade if you could use one of these pickups. I also have a brand new sealed-in-the-box Seymour Duncan Vintage tele neck pickup. Sorry about the Phat Cat.

Comment

Hey Travis, it looks like I probably want to hang on to the Phat Cat. I do, however, have a Seymour Duncan '59 neck pickup with black coils or a Gibson aged gold covered bridge humbucker out of a 2000 Gibson Les Paul Standard that I would be willing to trade if you could use one of these pickups. I also have a brand new sealed-in-the-box Seymour Duncan Vintage tele neck pickup. Sorry about the Phat Cat.
                Hmm, I don’t have any projects for those pickups at the moment. I’ll pass this time around. Thanks for the offer, tho

Comment

Working...
                X