banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations for active free buy/sell guitar equipment sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendations for active free buy/sell guitar equipment sites?

Any recommendations for active free buy/sell guitar equipment sites?

Re: Any recommendations for active free buy/sell guitar equipment sites?

Reverb isn’t free, but their fees are extremely reasonable. I’ve had 100% success rate selling on there.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

There's a number of different pages on facebook for buying and selling, I've had a lot of success on there. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for though.

Comment

Just checking the gamut of what's available and working for people, to see what I'm missing!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          Reverb isn’t free, but their fees are extremely reasonable. I’ve had 100% success rate selling on there.
          Like he suggests, Reverb is my go-to website if selling local isn't working for me. It's not free, but every transaction I've had on Reverb is successful. I've had success on eBay too, but I dislike their system and do not recommend eBay unless it is a last resort.

Local craigslist is the best way to go if possible. Sometimes I have stuff that sits for weeks/months on there, but eventually people chime in. I usually simultaneously post on CL and Reverb.
          ROCK ON.

Comment

I use Facebook marketplace and LetGo locally, and Reverb otherwise.

Comment

Offerup, LetGo, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace = some success (free, no shipping)

Forum For Sale/Trading boards = some success (free, but usually have to ship)

Reverb = very good success (3.5% fee)

Ebay = greatest success (3.5% fee for all guitar and bass categories and subcategories to stay competitive with Reverb!)

You literally reach thousands more potential buyers on Reverb and/or Ebay than through any of the "free" offerings. Depending on the nature of the equipment, your willingness to ship it and how much effort you want to put into posting and keeping up listings with all the "free" options, 3.5% is very little to pay for improved exposure and a streamlined selling process that gives you access to people other than "gear traders" or those with sufficient cash on hand.

Just my two cents...

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
                Offerup, LetGo, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace = some success (free, no shipping)

Forum For Sale/Trading boards = some success (free, but usually have to ship)

Reverb = very good success (3.5% fee)

Ebay = greatest success (3.5% fee for all guitar and bass categories and subcategories to stay competitive with Reverb!)

You literally reach thousands more potential buyers on Reverb and/or Ebay than through any of the "free" offerings. Depending on the nature of the equipment, your willingness to ship it and how much effort you want to put into posting and keeping up listings with all the "free" options, 3.5% is very little to pay for improved exposure and a streamlined selling process that gives you access to people other than "gear traders" or those with sufficient cash on hand.

Just my two cents...
                True that Reverb is good for exposure, but after the 3.5% commission fee AND PayPal fee, you come up short. It is a great way to sell to a large market. Those fees though. FWIW.
                ROCK ON.

Comment

When determining my selling price, I generally figure in a 10% loss for auction site and payment fees, though the actual fees are closer to 7% for guitars and parts sold through eBay/Reverb.

I prefer fixed-price listings and rarely add an option for buyers to make offers unless an item is stagnant.

You can also help offset selling fees by using flat-rate shipping costs and being strategic about your shipping methods. That said, I'm not a fan of sellers who try to profit directly from shipping (there are many who do that).

When you sell locally using Craigslist/Offerup/Letgo/Facebook, you're generally more prone to offers and an expectation of a discount anyway. Any discount essentially creates your own "selling fee" and really offsets the benefit of sticking to a limited market as far as price is concerned.

If you're serious about moving your goods, getting a good price and are willing to ship, then free/local only = lazy. Free/local to supplement online exposure = ideal.

Comment

Working...
                  X