banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epiphone Les Paul Junior body & neck (project components)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Les Paul Junior body & neck (project components)

For sale: body (with bridge & pickup) & neck (with original tuners) from an Epiphone Les Paul Junior (single humbucker style) that I bought back in 2003. I made some upgrades to this guitar and later changed course; now offering the body & neck for sale thinking a project-oriented person might could get some use out of them.

Body:
    I have no idea what wood the body is made from. It is in pretty good condition but it does have a few scratches & smudges. I replaced the pickup at one point but the stock pickup is in it now, only I never soldered it back in.

Neck:
    The neck has very minor fret wear but I would say the frets are 9/10. At one point I replaced the tuners, which required reaming out the peghead holes to enlarge them to 10mm (I think they were 8mm to begin with). At that time I also plugged the mounting screw holes from the original tuners with a piece of a toothpick that I glued into each hole. Then I tried to sand it flush to the back of the headstock and determined I was doing as much scratching as anything so I stopped. The neck was 2.25” wide at the heel by my measurement, and I took a closeup of the heel shape for reference. I often thought about seeing if this neck would fit a Fender body but I never did. One of the photos has one of the original tuners dropped in, for reference. The original tuners will ship with the neck.

I thought these might be attractive to a person interested in project guitars, or who enjoys working on guitars, or simply a cheap body & neck to practice on. $35 each, Paypal shipped to CONUS, or $65 shipped Paypal CONUS if someone were to want both the body and the neck. I don’t know if the neck mounting screws should go with the neck or with the body so I am thinking the first person to buy either can decide if they want the neck mounting screws or not.

Any questions please let me know.
    Attached Files

Re: Epiphone Les Paul Junior body & neck (project components)

Plywood body. Your pricing seems reasonable. Good luck.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      Plywood body. Your pricing seems reasonable. Good luck.
      Ha! I think when I tried to look online one time I found it described as "tonewood". Now I know what that means. Thanks.

Comment

Sold.

Comment

Working...
        X