WTB quarter pound tele pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB quarter pound tele pick up

i am looking for a quarter pound tele pick up for bridge position, a vintage strat pick up and a vintage tele neck pick up. i will buy or trade. let me know what ya got

Re: WTB quarter pound tele pick up

i have a qp tele neck pup if you are interested.

Comment

thanks but really looking for the bridge

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

I've got an untapped version in mine (both slots). I've been thinking about going with a set of A2P's have you got any other Duncan tele pups.

Luke
            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

nah just a set of calibrated sh-6 strat pickups

Comment

Are you specifically looking for tapped? or does it matter?
                “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

i don't think it would matter, i've never played a quarter pounder, just had alot of recomendations for it so i figured i would try one. i am building a nashville style tele. i'm wanting a nice country twang, ie: carl perkins and jr brown type sound. and in the mid or neck i'm lookin for a really glassy sound ie:byrds. every one told me to go with the qp in bride a vintage strat in mid and a vin tele in neck. figure since you got a qp you would know if it has the sound i am describing. whats you opinion. by the way what are you asking for it. thanks

Comment

I have an untapped bridge QP pu I'd love to sell you. However, relativley speaking, they're not that expensive. Why don't you just buy a new one? That way if you're not happy with it you can take advantage of the SD exchange policy and try something else. If I haven't convinced you to go that route, send me a PM and we can talk about mine.

Comment

Hellrider, I think the QP can be twangy, but wouldn't really be that way all. If more like the definitive hard rock tele single, it sounds more like a P90 with a twang injection.

Jr Brown has some amazing tones I think a vintage or hot would get you closer honestly. The QP's DC resistance is 16 point something K ohms. A tapped version would give you more tonal variations as well.

Not to shoot myself in the foot or anything just my $.02.

Luke

Comment

thanks for the replys, i am gonna send lew a message to see what he recomends, i've been told for the sound i'm goin for i may want a jerry donahue or a vintage broadcaster. i'll let ya know when i find something out. thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X