korina ibanez destroyer lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• korina ibanez destroyer lawsuit

Does anyone know how much one of the mid 70's ibanez destroyers cost? Also, I heard that they were just painted to look like korina wood (african limba) and I was wondering if they were all like this or if some were real korina?

Re: korina ibanez destroyer lawsuit

on something like that it is really worth whatever you can get out of it, as for it being limba wood or not, I have heard several times that it is not real limba,but I can't be 100% sure about that.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

It all depends on the year of the model, they did use korina during a certain run, but it was only for a couple of years back in the 70's. After that it got a little too costly, if you can find one, it'll be worth the tone.

Comment

I've heard the one that Eddie Van Halen plays and I like how that sounds thats one of the reasons why I want one but does anyone know if his was korina wood or not?

Comment

It is made of korina, in a fairly recent Guitar World he talked about that particular guitar. He actually cut out the bottom portion of it and made it look more like a dean ML, it in turn took out all the balls and chunk the guitar had and he never used it again. When he bought another one it was made from Mahogany and never sounded the same.

Comment

Yup, I have an issue with his destroyer in it ^^ he's right.
            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Of course I am, I'm Canadian.

Comment

Working...
              X