PC for sale! Cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC for sale! Cheap!

Compaq pc, tower only. 1.5ghz pentium 4, 512mb ram, 2 hard drives 48gb total, nvidia tnt2 video card, windows xp not installed, I have to reuse the serial on another machine. Everything else is fully functional. $200 or best offer.

It's seen a lot of use and I cleaned it up, dusted it out and ran it and everything still works just fine. It was built in 2001. That's the reason for the low price. It belonged to a friend of mine and I'm building a new computer for him and this is just gonna go to pay for some of the parts.

If you have a windows xp serial I'll even install windows xp on it for you.

Edit: 52gb total hard drive space. One is a 40gig, the other 12gig
    Last edited by Xeromus; 07-02-2005, 09:45 PM.

Re: PC for sale! Cheap!

So are you saying that all that needs to be done is install Windows XP and it will be fully functional?
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
      So are you saying that all that needs to be done is install Windows XP and it will be fully functional?
      yessir. No monitor or anything included. It works just fine. I just finished doing a hard drive wipe because it belonged to a buddy of mine. I added more info in the initial post too.
      Last edited by Xeromus; 07-02-2005, 07:34 PM.

Comment

This may be a dumb question, but how do you go between two hard drives? Do you install windows on both? I could use a desktop, and currently have a dell 1.4 that I bought in 2002, I just don't understand the 2 hard drives thing. I am interested.

I have a copy of XP that came with my Dell (I think).
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
          This may be a dumb question, but how do you go between two hard drives? Do you install windows on both? I could use a desktop, and currently have a dell 1.4 that I bought in 2002, I just don't understand the 2 hard drives thing. I am interested.

I have a copy of XP that came with my Dell (I think).
          it's simple, I have two hard drives in this computer also. XP is installed to the primary drive as usual. The second one shows up under my computer as D: In effect it's like a whole other folder with tons of space to throw stuff in. It's just extra room.

Comment

my dads buddy that he records with has 3 or 4 hard drives that he can just pop in and out......so he can record on the comp with none of the clutter than is normally on there, and tons of space........and then he has the normal one which he uses for daily function etc...
            http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
            >cord<
            1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
              my dads buddy that he records with has 3 or 4 hard drives that he can just pop in and out......so he can record on the comp with none of the clutter than is normally on there, and tons of space........and then he has the normal one which he uses for daily function etc...
              I just use external usb/firewire drives for that sort of thing. On my primary computer I have tons of hard drive space for archiving. The external ones go to and from the studio with me to save audio files and sessions on.

Comment

If you wanted to part it out I might be interested in some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by big_black
                  If you wanted to part it out I might be interested in some of it.
                  I considered it, but the only parts that are worth anything is the motherboard, cpu, and memory. So I figured I might as well keep it all together since I don't need any of the other stuff anyway. I'm pretty much selling it just for the cost of the 3 components listed there.

Comment

Yeah, I could use the memory. I'm running only 384mb of ram.

Comment

Yeah, I could use the memory. I'm running only 384mb of ram.
                      any time you upgrade memory though you have to make sure it matches the speed and type of memory you already have, and if it's compatible with your motherboard.

Comment

I know, I would guess it's PC133. It seems about as old as mine.

Comment

I know, I would guess it's PC133. It seems about as old as mine.
                          sure is

Comment

let me know if anyone's interested, I'm going to attempt sale locally and ebay otherwise.

Comment

X - what type of CD/ROM drive does it have? Is it a burner, DVD, what? I think I am going to suck this one up, but let me know.
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                              X