FS: Hamer Sunburst Quilttop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Hamer Sunburst Quilttop

This is a near mint Hamer Sunburst Quilttop. Bought about two months ago. This si sort of the Chinese knock off of the Hamer Studio USA. With a little more bells and whistles visually speaking. Body is quilt maple over mahagony. Binding is cream and albalone over the entire guitar. It is spectacular looking, yet once you take a close look at it, you see some minor flaws (from average workmanship). However, the neck is nice and flat and it plays really well. I'm not used to thinner neck like these, yet access to the higher frets is a heck of a lot easier than with a Les Paul type.

I changed all wires and pots and the 3-way toggle switch and it is now studio quiet. I first thought the pickups were microphonic, but the problem came from cheap electronic parts.

The stock pickups are comparable to Epiphones. If you hate Epiphones, you'll hate these .

The reason I sell it is because I just had a major GAS over an Epiphone Dot and bought it, and I'm too poor to keep 2 guitars for the time being. It was paid C$ 600 and comes with a brand-new-never-got-out-of-the-house Fender gig bag.

Prices:

Canada: C$ 430 shipped
    US : US$ 340 shipped

Thanks for looking!

SOME PICS:
    Last edited by Sly_D; 09-19-2005, 11:46 AM.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar
Working...
X