WTB your P-90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB your P-90s

Hi guys. I'm looking for a new Bridge P-90 for my Reverend Slingshot. I'll be interested in anything around the 8-10k range, from the SD line, to fralins, to lollars, etc. I'm basically looking for stuff that sounds like the SD Phat Cats, but in a real P-90. Thanks guys.
    teles? voxes? what is happening to me?!

Re: WTB your P-90s

Damn, I wish the custom or hot were what I was after. Thanks Jaxx, but those are both a little hot for me. I'm after the SD Vintage Soapbar though.

Comment

The Phat Cats are A2 vintage type winds. A new one shouldn't be that expensive. The problem with used P90s is that they sound so awesome that most folks never sell them.

Check with Blackrose or Lew. They shouldn't be that much. Or check ebay. I can't remember the last time I saw a P90 for sale here.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

hmmm, I thought that Phat Cats used Alnico 5 magnets. Were you just referring to the type of winding when you said Alnico 2? I'll probably grab one of the SD Vintage Soapbars as soon as I have a chance. They're just a bit hotter than what I'm currently using, and should be a little better sounding overall.

Comment

Phat Cats use Alnico 2 mags
          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
          >cord<
          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Wow, that's weird. I must have missed that. Anyway, I dig the sound of them. What's a similar A2 P-90 that I should consider looking at?

Comment

Working...
            X