Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pricing help...

Hey all,

I'm giving some serious thought to parting with my 1986 Jackson Soloist SL-1
    It's Ferrari Red with ebony fingerboard. Maple neckthrough with poplar body wings. I have a white JB in the bridge and a Dimarzio Fast Track 2 in the neck (white also)... right now there is no center p/u but I would install the original Jackson single coil (I have both). It has an original Floyd that is not recessed. I have never gigged with it (I played drums in the band) and it is in great shape with a couple small exceptions....on the very tip of the headstock there is a small chip, and there is a crack in the finish on the back of the neck where the screws for the nut are...this happened years ago when it was knocked off the stand by my cat. It has never effected the playability or stability of the neck, it still stays in tune no matter how hard you are on the FLoyd.

Anyway, as I said before I'm strongly considering selling it as I just don't play it anymore but I don't have a good Idea of what to ask for it...I know how much they cost at retail but you know how that is...

Any help would be appreciated...if I decide to sell it I will list it here 1st as I feel it would be in some way in "the family".

thanks....

Re: Need pricing help...

pricing is a very personal thing but here is a '04 one
    $1,300

I would guesstimate a '86 to be worth above $750 and not over $1000?
    1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
    2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
    1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
    1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
    Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
    5150 block letter head
    4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

Thanks for the quick response....that's kind of what I figured but wanted someone elses opinion.

Comment

Send me a few good pics, Iīll tell you exactly what you have and a good ballpark price... I can tell you one thing already: Itīs definitely NOT an SL-1 if itīs from ī86 (small design changes and nomenclature differences, Soloist Custom is more likely)

[email protected]
        Last edited by Zerberus; 11-08-2005, 09:58 AM.
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

better than that.. sell the guitar to me. i'll give you 5$

Comment

Cool Zerb....I'll get a few pics together..thanks for the help.

And there's no way I could take less than $7 Davey so don't insult me again with that rediculous lowball offer.

Comment

damn it!!!!

$6.99 is the farthest i go

Comment

Working...
              X