Vintage DUNCAN CUSTOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage DUNCAN CUSTOM

Somebody grab this and prevent me from buying another one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEYMOUR-DUNCAN-C...QQcmdZViewItem
    GMP Guitars RULE!

Re: Vintage DUNCAN CUSTOM

awww crap..I dont know how much it's worth but I placed a bid...that would be perfect in the bridge of my Hamer...I def want double creme for it.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Wow....I would so totally never pay 150 bucks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by krankguitarist
        Wow....I would so totally never pay 150 bucks for that.
        Neither would I. I'm sure I'll get outbid tho...

For $150 bucks I nearly could go Custom shop, and order double cremes with a loose cover...
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

These pickups easily pull $150.00... it's vintage and likely wound by Seymour himself in his prime before pickups became a big business for him... there is a difference.

Ordering a new one is like comparing a REAL 57 Strat and a remake of one from the Custom Shop... it's apples and oranges.
          Last edited by BachToRock; 11-15-2005, 08:31 PM.
          GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

curious..but why?

In a guitar you've got 50 years of wood, parts, alnico mags that have aged, finish aged, etc

It's my understanding Ceramic doesn't age "well" like Alnico? I can understand the pup was probably made with more care than a current model, but would the diff in tone be as great as the dif between a CS 57 strat and a real one?

OK...see your edit now...handwound by Seymour...

Comment

hmm, that makes a bit more sense now actually. Still...150 clams. Damn.

Comment

$150 isn't that much considering it's the same price as a typical run of the mill Custom Shop Seymour Duncan pickup. Something rare or vintage could easily be worth that much.

Comment

To some people.

Hype.

Comment

i picked up a double cream JB D wound by the man just last week for under $80 that will be going into my hamer standard
                    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                    Suhr OD-50
                    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

As expected I got outbid (by another forum member, :giggle: )

I'm sure it's a nice pup and all, but...

Shred Dog, LMK how that JB sounds...I'm so much at a loss for what to put in mine, I may even consider one of those things...grrrrrrrr

Comment

Jeff how bout a DD or for a tamer DD a JB with a smaller ceramic mag from a Custom. It's like a JB+ or a DD lite. You may like that.

Comment

i didn't know what to put in it but i wanted duncan and i wanted double cream and i wanted more output than a 59 so BAM ! JB
                          Last edited by shred-dog; 11-18-2005, 04:13 AM.
                          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                          Suhr OD-50
                          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

I ended up deciding on the Super Distortion now since I have a double creme one laying around...DiMarzio PAF in the neck...see how that works...

This double creme handwound custom would have been nice though, Hope someone here wins it...

Comment

Working...
                            X