FS 1994 Washburn USA Custom Shop Laredo Grover Jackson Era Vintage Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS 1994 Washburn USA Custom Shop Laredo Grover Jackson Era Vintage Tele

Posted this today on eBay. IĀ’ll offer free shipping to any forum member who wants to purchase at an agreed price.

Washburn USA Custom Shop Laredo (Tele style) from 1994. From the neck plate which is very worn and the photo of the flyer it says the guitars are hand made but I don't have any other information to support how much of the construction is truly so. The custom shop was in Illinois and was run by Grover Jackson at this time. The products were vintage style and not the pointy shredders that you may often associate with Washburn.
    Specs include two piece swamp ash body, bone nut, Dunlop frets, and natural finish with one piece quartersawn maple neck. Neck is nice and chunky and has a very satin finish which is worn nicely, Wilkinson and Gotoh hardware and Seymour Duncan Broadcaster pickups. I donĀ’t have a case for it but will sell it with a Ritter gig bag. In very good but played condition.
    The only modifications I know of were done since I've owned the guitar. The bridge pickup was sounding really weak and when I had it checked by my tech, he determined it had shorted out. So I replaced the bridge Broadcaster pickup with a new one of the same spec. I also know had my tech crown and level the frets to even out a ding that was in one of them. So they are not as tall as they would be when new. But there is still plenty of life in them.
    You can get legitimate vintage Tele tones from this guy and it feels really sold in the hands. The neck is nice and chunky and the body feels very solid. IĀ’d put this up against any Fender Vintage 50s Tele reissue.

Will only ship to Continental US.

Link to listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by brunogio; 11-10-2020, 09:13 PM.

Know those guitars very well I wrote much of the history on those for the Washburn Historic site that is no more. I even talked to Grover himself on them. They are indeed real handbuilt VERY high end Custom shop guitars. Real Swamp ash ( possably a one piece body also my 94 Silverado Strat was.) and that neck should be one piece no finger board quartrsawn maple and the frets full jumbos. Wish I was in a position to play on that one but am not right now. PS own 4 of the Washburn USA MG Superstrats from that era. First 2 digits of the SN on the back of the headstock are the date code my educated guess would be that one is indeed a 94.
    Here is my 95 MG 120 from the same Custom Shop
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Quilt 1995 MG 120.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	6022348
    Last edited by Ascension; 10-14-2020, 09:31 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. I also have a 94 Silverado and the body on that model is one piece. Also I can confirm the neck and fingerboard are also one piece.

This particular Silverado came to me in bad shape. The original guard had been swapped but luckily all the electronics seemed to have been kept. So I upgraded all the plastic to Allparts parchment. One of the locking tuners snapped off a few years ago and I replaced them with a Gotoh mini nickel set.

Comment

PRICE DROP

$900 shipped PP in con US to forum member.

I’ve added some pics so hoping some one is interested

Last edited by brunogio; 11-11-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brunogio View Post
          [IMG]h One of the locking tuners snapped off a few years ago and I replaced them with a Gotoh mini nickel set.
          If you still have the rest of the factory lockers I would be interested in them. Have several of these guitars and could use some spares.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            If you still have the rest of the factory lockers I would be interested in them. Have several of these guitars and could use some spares.
            I will look to see if I kept them. If I can find them they're yours for the price of shipping

Comment

Cool! Own 5 of the guitars with them so---.
              Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                Cool! Own 5 of the guitars with them so---.
                PM sent

Comment

Working...
                X