ISO/WTB/WTTF- Eminence Swamp Thang and Eminence Texas Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO/WTB/WTTF- Eminence Swamp Thang and Eminence Texas Heat

I'm looking for 2 Eminence Speakers in great condition to load into my Mesa 2x12

1- Eminence Swamp Thang

1-Eminence Texas Heat

perhaps 2 swamp thangs would work. I'd buy them if you've got them if they are in really good condition

Also would be willing to trade for the two Celestion Vintage 30's I will be taking out of my Mesa cab. They are V-30's Made in England NOT the "international" Chinese version

Reply or message me if interested and we can trade contact info. Thanks
    "As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun PLAYING MY GUITAR than in any other enterprise. It IS really the life of KINGS...."

Hold out for one of each. It will be worth it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Hold out for one of each. It will be worth it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
      I know how right you are... I used to have a 412 with 2 of each in an X pattern and nothing sounds quite like them with my 6505+, not even Made in England Vintage 30's. I've got a Mesa 2x12 rectifier cab now and I want to load it up. It's not a 4x12 , but it will still sound amazing with that pair.
      "As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun PLAYING MY GUITAR than in any other enterprise. It IS really the life of KINGS...."

Comment

Agree! Those speakers together are great!
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
          Agree! Those speakers together are great!
          Indeed, they are great. I ended up purchasing 3 new. 2 swamp thangs and 1 Texas Heat. I ended up taking the Texas Heat out of the 2x12 and putting the 2 Swamp Thangs together, and I gotta tell ya, the sound I get from my Marshall DSL pumped through that 2x12 is MASSIVE and nothing short of awesome. I put the Texas Heat in the combo, and it sounds great as well, but the Swamp Thang 2x12 is my new fav cab/speaker combo hands down. It's reminded me of a valuable lesson... Forums are great and they are awesome sources for knowledge, ideas, etc. but sometimes you just have to try things regardless what others may say and just see for yourself!! I "forumed" myself into thinking that the only way a Swamp Thang would sound great was if it was paired with another speaker, but I couldn't have been more wrong! I think its easy to get lost in all the info sometimes and forget just how many different things combine together to produce electric guitar sound to begin with. Depending on which amp you are using, and what type of cab you are using, speakers can sound ALL TOGETHER different from one rig to the next. For a darker amp, the 2 Swamp Thang combo may not work too well, but with the FULL of mids Marshall they sound AMAZING. The part I love the best is that it allows ALL my Marshall tone to come through, but adds a depth of character to the low end that is just EMMENSE. Also, having the 300 watts of total power gives so much headroom that it allows the cleans to sound magnificent, Ive been LOVING the ambient spacey Gilmourish tones I've been noodling around with, and when you crank up that gain and/or throw my MXR Classic OD in front ( as a boost OR to add a different flavor to the dirty tone ) MAN O MAN does it ROAR. Couldn't be more pleased with my rig and the tones I'm getting now!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	guitar#6.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	6033173

Comment

Originally posted by SZjammin83 View Post

Indeed, they are great. I ended up purchasing 3 new. 2 swamp thangs and 1 Texas Heat. I ended up taking the Texas Heat out of the 2x12 and putting the 2 Swamp Thangs together, and I gotta tell ya, the sound I get from my Marshall DSL pumped through that 2x12 is MASSIVE and nothing short of awesome. I put the Texas Heat in the combo, and it sounds great as well, but the Swamp Thang 2x12 is my new fav cab/speaker combo hands down. It's reminded me of a valuable lesson... Forums are great and they are awesome sources for knowledge, ideas, etc. but sometimes you just have to try things regardless what others may say and just see for yourself!! I "forumed" myself into thinking that the only way a Swamp Thang would sound great was if it was paired with another speaker, but I couldn't have been more wrong! I think its easy to get lost in all the info sometimes and forget just how many different things combine together to produce electric guitar sound to begin with. Depending on which amp you are using, and what type of cab you are using, speakers can sound ALL TOGETHER different from one rig to the next. For a darker amp, the 2 Swamp Thang combo may not work too well, but with the FULL of mids Marshall they sound AMAZING. The part I love the best is that it allows ALL my Marshall tone to come through, but adds a depth of character to the low end that is just EMMENSE. Also, having the 300 watts of total power gives so much headroom that it allows the cleans to sound magnificent, Ive been LOVING the ambient spacey Gilmourish tones I've been noodling around with, and when you crank up that gain and/or throw my MXR Classic OD in front ( as a boost OR to add a different flavor to the dirty tone ) MAN O MAN does it ROAR. Couldn't be more pleased with my rig and the tones I'm getting now!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	guitar#6.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	6033173
            Awesome....I have the TH and ST together in this 82 Peavey VTX Classic...Really made it an even greater amp.I Like the original Scorpions but these are better. Glad it worked out for ya!

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Had the Swamp/Heat set up in my original 5150 Combo for a while and it was an awesome sounding set up.
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
              1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
              Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
              Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X