1933 National Dobro (in pieces)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 National Dobro (in pieces)

Anyone interested in this project? I'm not - the client passed away, and left me holding the bag so to speak. The only parts that are missing are the original frets - he had me pull them to refret it, and reset the neck. Then he croaked. Original hard case, too. I have every screw and tiny part, and the pickup glued to the bottom of the cone even works.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

It's a Duolian model. The pickup glued to the bottom of the cone is an antique. Before I pulled it apart it worked. I need to sell this for the client's widow.... Not sure I can recoup enough to play my bills on it. There is damage on the peghead, and I'd say other hands have been inside it besides mine. I found 2 kinds of glue in it. I'm not even sure how much of it is original internally. Might be more valuable as parts.
    Last edited by ICTGoober; 03-15-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

That is a super cool project! Would love to get it but have 2 projects going on right now and not sure my "boss" wants another project in the house.

Comment

That is very cool. The body was likely stamped out by Adolph Rickenbacker. That was George Beauchamp’s company before he left and started Ro-Pat-In with Adolph and George Barth.

I sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
          That is very cool. The body was likely stamped out by Adolph Rickenbacker. That was George Beauchamp’s company before he left and started Ro-Pat-In with Adolph and George Barth.

I sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          heh . . . you don't run across too many Adolph anymore these days.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Make an offer..

Comment

The client's widow would like the money for this. Anyone interested?

Comment

Wow, nice one. It's in better shape than Bukka White's anyway. I'm hesitant to enter the contest, as i think it's probably got more zeros involved than I can spare right now. But that's a score. Wouldn't take too much to get it playing.

Comment

Sold. Finally.

Comment

Working...
                  X