banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luthier: Make me a wooden TOM replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luthier: Make me a wooden TOM replacement?

I am looking for an all-wooden, (rosewood, ebony, maple? ) direct replacement for my Epiphone Wildkat's TOM bridge.
    (Using the stock studs, and height adjustment screws).

I understand that the intonation might not be spot-on, but that is OK. What matters, I guess- is the radius.

Is there any luthiers here, that could do this, and give me a price quote?

Thanks alot,

-Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

What are you hoping to achieve with this? Simply changing the saddles to different material would probably get any tone change you're looking for, and be a lot easier/cheaper.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Well... I thought that making a wooden shaped TOM replacement, wouldn't be way too much hassle. One forum bro said he had made several for himself, to use for his TOM guitar, in certain applications.

And that it could drop directly in/out of my guitar.

I am looking for a "woodier" tone , to explore the tonal possibilites, in my guitar .

It sounds more like an "electric" than a "jazzbox" now, with the stock bridge- and I want to shift it more against a .... less sustainy, warmer, more wooden sound.

-Erl

(Joke mode on: Do i need to call my lawyer? Hehe.)
      Last edited by Erlend_G; 05-12-2021, 12:41 PM.
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Look up nylon saddles for your TOM

Comment

Yeah, I think nylon saddles are what you're looking for. At least then you can still intonate your guitar.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Nylon? :o. Allright, if that excists and is aviable, I will try that .

Thanks.

Is there anybody who could make like, ebony saddles?

Just asking, no hard feelings...

-E

Comment

Working...
            X