• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP booster $99 in Stupid deal of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn, I missed it.

Comment

Let me guess: $25.00 savings, but $12.50 tax, $12.50 shipping. AmIright?

Comment

Actually, today they are having Stupid Deal of the Hour, so I'd imagine that deal is over. Thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

one knob,,,one knob,,,lucky just to have just one knob
          one knob,,,one knob,,,lucky just to have just one

Comment

If you search for it and add it to the cart it still gives you the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How different are these from the MXR single-knob boost/line-driver? I've never had either one.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                How different are these from the MXR single-knob boost/line-driver? I've never had either one.
                The EP booster is based on an echoplex circuit. It has it's own sound, and isn't a clean boost - lots of coloration (that many people really like). The MXR is designed to make your signal louder with minimal coloration.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

The EP booster is based on an echoplex circuit. It has it's own sound, and isn't a clean boost - lots of coloration (that many people really like). The MXR is designed to make your signal louder with minimal coloration.
                  Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                  MXR has an EP flavored option which I personally prefer to the ep booster, the M293. It’s usually $99 new.

NPD: MXR M293 booster mini
                  Last edited by Blille; 05-06-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I wish I could find something based on the boost in the 70's silver giant Morley Power - Wah - Boost pedal. My lord those things can push an amp to a point of saturation that will bring you to nirvana.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      I wish I could find something based on the boost in the 70's silver giant Morley Power - Wah - Boost pedal. My lord those things can push an amp to a point of saturation that will bring you to nirvana.
                      I remember those but I never played one. I had the non silver one in the 90s.

If somebody traced it I’m happy to bring it up with my friend that works on pedal designs. If it’s that good it may be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

MXR has an EP flavored option which I personally prefer to the ep booster, the M293. It’s usually $99 new.

NPD: MXR M293 booster mini
                        https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
                        Forgot all about that one. I remembered the thread right away though. I'm surprised it didn't pop-up when I was looking at the other MXR.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                          I had one of those that blew up, and two of the fuzz wahs - which also blew up. I actually lost quite a few pedals over the years in that basement. 1920s wiring... Not only did they sound great, they were the coolest looking pedals I had ever seen. They looked like Cylons.

Comment

Great boost. I think mine was $99 when I got it way back in the day.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                            X