Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 FENDER CONTEMPORARY HHR STRATOCASTER

For your consideration...

I have a 1989 Fender Contemporary HHR Strat. From what I understand, these were a very limited run.

The HHR series Strats came stock with DiMarzio SD in the bridge with a coil split and 2 singles. I put a SD HOTRAIL in the neck position (original pickup included). Original pots and switch. The rest of the guitar is factory stock...Fender hard case included. Backplate and screws are in the case.

The neck is a medium C with a 12 inch radius. Sculpted heel. Frets are like new. Thick, dark rosewood board. Beautiful dark greenburst flame on the body.

Overall, the guitar is in great condition for 33 years old. Pick scratching on the pickguard, polish swirls, ect....no cracks, breaks or repairs.

Fresh setup with 10s...great action and playability. The Kahler Spyder trem stays in tune extremely well!!! This guitar will do it all...rock, blues, country.

$1300 plus shipping

Thanks for looking!!!

IMG_2492 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2493 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2494 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2507 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2495 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2496 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2497 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2498 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2499 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2500 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2501 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2502 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2503 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2504 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2505 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2506 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2508 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr
    I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Sold
    I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

holy hell! i had a little later version with a floyd, it was a hell of a guitar. im sure someone will enjoy this thing

Comment

I saw the post when it was about 10 minutes old. I have my HM Strat and could always throw my HSS pickguard back on my Kahler'd '83 Stratocaster if needed. I still had to talk myself down! Kind of glad it sold so quick because I might have waffled tonight!
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          holy hell! i had a little later version with a floyd, it was a hell of a guitar. im sure someone will enjoy this thing
          Same here. A black MIJ Strat with an Original Floyd, that DiMarzio HB, and a pair of unknown single coils. Mine also had a push-pull on the middle knob for the coil split instead of a mini-toggle.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

mine had the p/p pot too, had a purple fotoflame finish. i swapped emgs in pretty quickly though

Comment

Working...
            X