User Group Day - Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: User Group Day - Your Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Because, like, Joe doesn't have a Bogner Ecstasy in the back of his truck...

That Bogner did indeed rock hard!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Some of the Jam highlights IMO -

Hearing Seymour play anything! He is a bad@$$ mofo.
      Evan threw down on Copperhead Road!
      Stormy Monday was awesome with SD & UG guys!
      The Green Onions jam was very cool. Had four guitars on that at one point. Infrared/Pete was tearing up the lead, Mike Rocker was working all the funky Duncan FX boxes, and i was laying down some hammond B3 riffage (Bogner + PG neck + Tone all the way off)
      The sudden impromtu Tush with Kat Dyson and Ronnie North w/ Bob on vocals was a heavy hitter.
      Joe tore it up on Cheap Sunglasses (nothing was damaged during the performance)
      There was a killer Gimme Three steps...
      And a bunch more.

And if there is video, you will see me playing R&R all night with Dirtbagg, and singing/playing it at the same time for the first time. No one ran from the room screaming...I thank you all.

Comment

I'm really sorry life bit me in the rump and prevented me to attend, specially when these meetings are not made every year.

Oh welll...life goes on, I guess. But my rump is REALLY hurting!

Comment

Zebra Pearly Gates wound to 9k sitting right over there on the table. Can't wait to load it up!!!

Comment

Quick! Before the dog gets it!...Glad you had a safe trip home!

Comment

Evan, That rendition of Copperhead Road was great!

Comment

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention!!!!! This is when Seymour was saying "Aceman, from now on, you can have any gloss you want."

I love this picture. I can't even begin to describe the level of coolness in Seymour. He is like Budda, Billy Gibbons, Jesus, and Santa Claus all rolled into one. If you wanted peace in the middle east, just send seymour and let him start talking. everyone would stop fighting and just listen. The level at which the guy can make people feel comfortable is un-earthly.

I'd like to say we were having a really deep discussion about some artist or little tonal tidbit, but we were talking about sponges from Tarpon Springs....
                Last edited by Aceman; 08-29-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Lotsa s
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                  https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I feel very privileged to attend this UGD. Winding a pup with MJ is something I'll never forget. I'm putting that pickup in a tele that I just painted and it's going to be very special to me. Seymour and Kathy were fantastic hosts. Every single SD employee was super friendly. Thanks to Evan for a very informative factory tour. Unfortunately I couldn't do the jam- I got cold feet/stagefright. Maybe next time?

Comment

Badasssssss.

Comment

I won the power grid pedal, and bought a twin tube classic...both are great...My first "Duncan " pedals but definitely not my last!. I didn't know what I was missing...Boss who?

Comment

I can only think of one thing that would have made this User Group Day so much better...............ME!!!!!!

Comment

Evan, I had a great time. I will up load my pictures tomorrow.

My biggest thing I noticed was teh it was more orginized the the first one six years ago.
                            Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
                            Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
                            I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
                            Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
                            Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
                            Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
                            Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
                            Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Big Thanks to Evan, Seymour, MJ, Dewi and all the fine folks at SD that made this the best factory tour/User Day event I've ever been to. I'm so much more impressed, if that's possible, for the integrity of the products coming out of Seymour's place. Seeing R&D and talking shop with the guys and gals was a gift, as was how darn generous Seymour was with his time and stories.

Those that attended seemed like a great bunch of folks. I only met a few of you. Wish I could have stayed for the picnic the next day.

BTW, Seymour, Evan and those 2 fine ladies on drums and bass made for a great line-up to start the jam. The Seymour Duncan Band ROCKS! ;-)

Who is that fine looking lady with the cute black hat and the killer smile at the factory? Front office for sure! Thank you Seymour!

Comment

WOW!
                                What an awesome two days. I have never felt so welcomed by people that I've never met before and I'm not just talking about the staff handling the tours at SD, From the workers on the floor to the Front office, Managment, PR..... A better way to put it would be anyone who puts in a days work at SD. It all starts at the top, Cathy Duncan is amazing. You can see her passion for the company she helped found and build. Evan, MJ, Dewi, Derek the list goes on and on but it all comes down to one person, Seymour W. Duncan. I have never met a more Gracious, Sincere, Humble, Down to earth person than Seymour Duncan and I'm not talking about just celebrities here I mean everyone! If we were all a little more like Seymour the world would be better for it. Thank you Seymour for one of the most memorable exsperiences of my life.
                                YOU ARE THE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X