• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan Skopp
    replied
    Re: User Group Day - Your Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Originally posted by arellanon View Post
    I can't believe I got this Demon for $40! It's kinda old; the address on the box reads 601 Pine Ave. Evan, when did you guys move from that old location?
    August 1993. 18 years ago, the same month I started working at SD.

Thanks for joining us, arellanon!

Leave a comment:

• formula73
    replied

Fantastic!!!!!! I can't wait to see all the other pics, too. Man, I wish I were still down in SoCal...easy drive!

Leave a comment:

• arellanon
    replied

Ok here are some of the better pics I took:

The main entrance sign per say.

Our good friend Evan giving us instructions and orientation.

Seymour himself.

Mrs. Duncan if I am not mistaken.

This is one of the guitars that were available for try out at the UGD. It is a Seymour Duncan Strat with Stack Plus pups.

The Zephyrs.... @_@

Seymour greeting us and telling us some of his awesome stories.

Big Yngwie fan here....... ^_^

This is a display of different pickups throughout the years. This display was one of my favorite parts of my visit at the factory.

A close up of the pickup display showcasing humbuckers.

Old ad for Seymour Duncan.

I love this ad as well: showcasing humbucker greats Seth Lover and Seymour Duncan.

Seymour signing baseplates with MJ and Warren DeMartini.

This is a picture of a pink/yellow Screaming Demon and the S-Deco I helped wind at the factory. I can't believe I got this Demon for $40! It's kinda old; the address on the box reads 601 Pine Ave. Evan, when did you guys move from that old location?

I bought all of this home! The big box to the left, a Stealth Plug guitar computer interface, was won by raffle. I mentioned my purchase of the Screaming Demon as well as a FREE Custom Shop S-Deco. Everything else was a gift bag with goodies from different manufacturers: Seymour Duncan, Dunlop, Cleartone, D'Addario, Planet Waves, AmpliTube, and Star Picks.

Wow, what a day! August 2011 will go down as one of my best guitar months ever. I also purchased a used Carvin DC135 earlier this month. Read about it here:

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Last edited by arellanon; 08-27-2011, 02:56 AM. Reason: Could not rememeber a name.....

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

All I got was an airline change fee. Work popped up in the way of my normal life. Wish I was there.

Leave a comment:

• arellanon
    replied

It was an awesome day at Seymour Duncan. Evan was a great host as was everyone at the factory. I got to chat a little with Gearjoneser, Aceman, and Virtual Kevorkian was there as well but I did not get a chance to say hi to him. I got to (partially) wind my S-Deco (I got MJ to autograph it) and purchased an older pink/yellow Screaming Demon for $40!

Also the little gift bags were just outstanding; we got two t-shirts, picks, strings, stickers, flyers, even coasters!

I will post pics in a bit. All in all a day I'll never forget.

Leave a comment:

• stevie_bees
    replied

Yeah, was good to be a small part of the day. Thank MJ for my apron for me Evan!!

Leave a comment:

• tone4days
    replied

was very cool to be able to see/hear some on the live web feed
    thanks for answering my twitter questions too!

have fun at the jam, bros

t4d

Leave a comment:

• User Group Day - Accounts, Impressions and Photos

Post 'em here.

Working...
X