• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Hunter
    replied
    Re: Live - Q&A with Steve Hunter - 9/6/11 10:45-Noon Pacific

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    I know Steve has to move on and take care of some business before he goes back out on tour. On behalf of all of us in the Forum, Steve, we're very happy that you were able to spend time with us today.

Steve, did you want to have the last word?
    Thank you Evan and thanks to everyone for your questions and comments. This was a blast! Hope to see some of you out there on the road somewhere. Keep playin and rockin!
    Peace
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• KeeperOS
    replied

That is great to hear.

I am a Rock/Metal player at heart but always recognize how so much has come from the Blues and Jazz, two genres that I enjoy greatly as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me and keep on Rocking (or Bluesing as it may)!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hunter
    replied

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
    Hello Steve and welcome to the forum, thank you for taking from your time to talk with us.

I must say that it's a joy and inspiration to see a guitar player that's done and seen as many things as you and still keeps going strong!

I guess my question is that, with such a relatively diverse repertoire, where would you say you feel the most comfortable with?

Or as far as you're concerned it is all music and all equally fun?

Thank you for your time and patience!!!
    Well I do think that all music has something to say and can be fun. But the most comfortable for me....that's easy....Blues. Every single thing I do in music and my playing comes straight from Blues in one form or another. It's still my first love and will always be my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• Evan Skopp
    replied

I know Steve has to move on and take care of some business before he goes back out on tour. On behalf of all of us in the Forum, Steve, we're very happy that you were able to spend time with us today.

Steve, did you want to have the last word?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hunter
    replied

Adding to the question about my eyesight, Dr. Randy McClaughland has given me some contact lenses that improve my vision just enough to help as well.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hunter
    replied

Originally posted by SickthingsUK View Post
    Hey Steve

I know you are using special custom guitars on this tour to help with the low lighting etc. How have these guitars been customised to help you?
    Actually what I do is use glow in the dark tape on the back of the neck opposite the fret markers, so I can see and feel my way around. Gretsch has built me some guitars with larger and brighter fret markers on the top of the fingerboard which help immensely as well.

Leave a comment:

• KeeperOS
    replied

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum, thank you for taking from your time to talk with us.

I must say that it's a joy and inspiration to see a guitar player that's done and seen as many things as you and still keeps going strong!

I guess my question is that, with such a relatively diverse repertoire, where would you say you feel the most comfortable with?

Or as far as you're concerned it is all music and all equally fun?

Thank you for your time and patience!!!

Leave a comment:

• SickthingsUK
    replied

Hey Steve

I know you are using special custom guitars on this tour to help with the low lighting etc. How have these guitars been customised to help you?

Leave a comment:

• Deaconess
    replied

Is Karen your "Sweet Polly Purebred?"
    Makes me laugh, he has been walking about the apt doing 'flying off' poses for the last two weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hunter
    replied

Actually I don't know if we hace decided that yet. It was just recently we discovered my uncanny likeness to Underdog.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hunter
    replied

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    Steve, can you tell us what/who were your early influences in music, and what aspects of those influences have remained with you to this day ?
    There were a lot of influences. I started playing guitar at age 8 on lap steel. So I listened to a lot of country in those early days. But then I heard Chet Atkins and was completely floored. That's when I switched to "regular" guitar. And then suddenly, I kept getting floored by all these great guitar players....Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, and then the Blues guys like BB King, Albert King, and the great Michael Bloomfield. They were all influneces and to this day influence my playing. For me, tone was and is everything. It wasn't the notes, it was how you played them and that's still true for me today.

I listen to everything from Classical to Ambient music and love it all.

Leave a comment:

• Evan Skopp
    replied

Originally posted by Steve Hunter View Post
    BTW without my glasses on I look quite eerily like the cartoon super hero Underdog. Just thought I'd share that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hunter
    replied

BTW without my glasses on I look quite eerily like the cartoon super hero Underdog. Just thought I'd share that.

Leave a comment:

• crusty philtrum
    replied

Steve, can you tell us what/who were your early influences in music, and what aspects of those influences have remained with you to this day ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hunter
    replied

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
    Congratulations on an illustrious career, Steve. I grew up on Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome To My Nightmare, so many thanks for the inspiration! From your previous answer re Australia, I take it you weren't on the Australian leg of the 'Nightmare' tour, is that correct?

Cheers.......................................... wahwah
    Thank you for the great comment. In a strange way I think I grew up on those albums too.

You are correct, I did not do the Australia Welcome tour and to be honest I don't remember why other than I must have been doing something else. I am sorry I missed that tour though. I think they had a blast there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X