Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to make a 100% wooden strap.

for woody tone.
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
      I want to make a 100% wooden strap.

for woody tone.
      They already make them, out of long wooden beads.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

well... if you can live with a "beady" lower presence shift.

Remember, there is phase cancellation issues between every pearl, and every strand.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

What about grapevine, Erl?

If you were really cool you could braid a willow strap
          Last edited by solspirit; 03-16-2022, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
            well... if you can live with a "beady" lower presence shift.

Remember, there is phase cancellation issues between every pearl, and every strand.
            As long as you have an even number of beads, you're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Comment

I remember various configurations of these and similar door hangings from my childhood up until 1981-83 when it went completely faux pas.

"Handmade Beaded Curtains Natural Wooden Beaded Curtain Retro | Etsy" https://www.etsy.com/listing/1067794...hoCIO0QAvD_BwE

Comment

These look fantastic!

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some bad ass straps there.

Comment

I can’t stand nylon straps. Too much friction rash. They might incidentally affect my tone by literally rubbing me the wrong way. The SD strap I got in my swag-bag from user group day is really nice though, just like my Fender strap but cooler with the metal SD logo embedded in it. They’re most probably cotton. I also have some nice leather straps with soft lining on the inside. You can’t adjust them on the fly because they work similar to a belt but it’s not a necessity if it’s already at the correct height.

This is so much like my “do picks rob your tone?” thread I made as a joke that people read way too far into.

The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Yeah, nylon cuts through my shirt and into my skin. I like those cotton straps, like the SD strap (maybe made by Levy's?). I have a few super-cushion foamy straps, too, and while they don't look as good as a soft leather strap, they are the most comfortable ones I own. I also have one from Couch that I like, too.

Comment

Yeah, nylon cuts through my shirt and into my skin. I like those cotton straps, like the SD strap (maybe made by Levy's?). I have a few super-cushion foamy straps, too, and while they don't look as good as a soft leather strap, they are the most comfortable ones I own. I also have one from Couch that I like, too.
                          For sure. Who are nylon straps even for? Turtleneck shirt people??

This is exactly how I imagine nylon strap manufacturers think:

The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                            For sure. Who are nylon straps even for? Turtleneck shirt people??

This is exactly how I imagine nylon strap manufacturers think:

I think they are cheap to produce, and a cheap investment for a guitarist who doesn't use a strap much. If you regularly stand or sit with a strap, nylon won't work for anyone for very long. I've seen companies use seatbelt material, although that is softer. But I can't imagine anyone sitting in a car thinking 'I want this seatbelt feeling when I am onstage, too'.

I absolutely love those super soft leather straps, but I am not very tall, and even at the shortest setting, they are too long.

Comment

I prefer $10 nylon straps. They allow the strap to glide over my tee shirt effortlessly whereas leather and suede straps get caught up. They are also easier to adjust on the fly when switching guitars. I have a couple of cloth straps I also like and a Levy leather that works for my SG. At the end of the day, it is all about the cheap straps.

Comment

Yeah, nylon cuts through my shirt and into my skin. I like those cotton straps, like the SD strap (maybe made by Levy's?). I have a few super-cushion foamy straps, too, and while they don't look as good as a soft leather strap, they are the most comfortable ones I own. I also have one from Couch that I like, too.phrazle
                                To be honest, nylon is so sharp that it sliced right through my shirt. The SD strap (perhaps manufactured by Levy's) is my favorite cotton strap. Although soft leather straps are classic and timeless, I also have a couple super-cushion foamy straps that I find to be the most comfortable. The one I have from Couch is also very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X