No announcement yet.

how different straps change my tone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys have lost your minds, it’s the guitar face you have that makes you a guitar god. I mean, look at SRV, he looks away a lot where as any excellent metal player faces it head on. Mouth wah wahs are the ultimate in guitar supremacy.

Straps…..crazy kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by insanericotta View Post

To be honest, nylon is so sharp that it sliced right through my shirt. The SD strap (perhaps manufactured by Levy's) is my favorite cotton strap. Although soft leather straps are classic and timeless, I also have a couple super-cushion foamy straps that I find to be the most comfortable. The one I have from Couch is also very nice.
      I have the SD strap, too, and I like that. I also have at least 1 Couch strap that I like. Lately I have been using a padded strap from Gruv Gear and another one from Cable Free Guitar (anti gravity strap?).
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I must say it's annoying to always have this stupid thread on the front page of the vault which is supposedly an 'all-time best technical resource and read-only' subforum, while this thread is decidedly neither. Maybe someone could move it?
        Last edited by Clint 55; 05-07-2023, 10:29 AM.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

Fat Straps = Fat Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
            I must say it's annoying to always have this stupid thread on the front page of the vault which is supposedly an 'all-time best technical resource and read-only' subforum, while this thread is decidedly neither. Maybe someone could move it?
            So glad you're not a mod. You just need to relax and discover the tonal world of straps. They make you feel so different that your tone improves in a myriad of ways.

Comment

I use a leather DR strap. It’s soft, smooth texture creates a sonic symbiosis with my DR Pure Blues strings that creates a buttery, fluid tone.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

nice! i should try and find one of those. i played a friends guitar with a wooden strap last night at the gig and i was surprised at how comfortable it was. i wasnt surprised at how warm and woody the tone was though, thats to be expected

Comment

I find that since I started using Couch straps my tone is more relaxed and leathery.

Comment

How much does thread count in fabric straps affect tone?
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I've always been a fan of the Levy's leather straps.

Comment

Kris had to lengthen his straps to get his loose, sludgy tone for grunge.

I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                          Kris had to lengthen his straps to get his loose, sludgy tone for grunge.
                          I thought his name was "Krist"?

This is a placeholder. We'll review them individually, later.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

I bought them for you

Comment

got some very cool straps there!

Comment

That’s amazing. I have two nice ones, the rest are black nylon. Lol

You must sound amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X