Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solspirit
    replied
    Wow... I've never actually visited the vault.
    What a blast from the past seeing some of these names. Some really cool people have come and gone from this forum.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Metal
    replied
    Re: how different straps change my tone.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
    I put a pink strap-on on one of mine and I don't even use it.

No wonder I sound like ass.
    Fixed for awesomeness!

Leave a comment:

• GoldenVulture
    replied

One of mine is a leather belt I origonally made for pants. I think this may account for the leggy tone I get.

Leave a comment:

• TheLivingDead
    replied

I put a pink strap on one of mine and I don't even use it.

No wonder I sound like ass.

Leave a comment:

• dr. ad
    replied

^ both. it was a long drive.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Vegetable
    replied

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
    i've actually just finished renovating my home so as not to lose the acoustic magic of my own strap; for studio work i exclusively use the seatbelt my mother was wearing when i was conceived.

live i usually use my tactical gear.

HTH,
    Fix'd.

Leave a comment:

• dr. ad
    replied

i've actually just finished renovating my home so as not to lose the acoustic magic of my own strap; for studio work i exclusively use the seatbelt my mother was wearing when i was birthed.

live i usually use my tactical gear.

HTH,

Leave a comment:

• CodeDante
    replied

I know that the wood that the guitar body is composed of affects the tone, but what about if you are standing on wooden floor tiles. If you were playing a mahogany bodied guitar while standing on mahogany floor tiles, would it enhance the mahogany tone? Would one's tone be snappier playing on a maple floor tile?

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

I use a solid wood strap. One large, arched piece of wood glued directly to the guitar body. It takes all 3 of my bandmates helping to put it on, but the strap holds the guitar away from my body, which really brings out the resonance and the sustain is absolutely unparalleled due to the increased mass. I've tried a few types of wood and have found solid Pecan to be the most stable so far. The extra 40 lbs. of the strap digging into my shoulders and spine makes extended gigging somewhat difficult and I've been in the hospital more than once after trying to swing my guitar around during high-adrenaline stage antics, but neither leather, cotton, nylon nor stainless steel (which I've also tried) really give me the same warm and lively tone as this solid wood contraption...

Leave a comment:

• ItsaBass
    replied

geez; no wonder i keep sucking. i use those four dollar nylon straps almost exclusively.

Leave a comment:

• Agileguy_101
    replied

This would be funnier on The Gear Page.

Leave a comment:

• richard parker
    replied

Anyone heard the new Line 6 modelling strap ? Very close but I don't think they'll ever get the tone of real leather.

Leave a comment:

• CTN
    replied

The tone is in the threads!

I guess that kinda applies to straps as well.

cloth covered cables are also superior.

Leave a comment:

• longcat
    replied

Originally posted by CTN View Post
    I call BS.

The type of rug you stand on makes a MUCH larger difference to your tone than the type of strap.

I only use boutique Persian rugs like all the pros.
    ****, is that what i've been doing wrong? all this time i've been playing while standing on a POS rug i got at IKEA.

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    See, I really care about strap related tone . . . but I'm a purist. I play without a strap, just leaning the bottom of my guitar on my 4x12 cab and using my fretting hand to hold the neck up. No strap = completely free tone where it sounds like your fingers are flying off the fretboard.
    Of course the tone is completely freed when you're talking about true strap bypass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X