SD Booster Manual ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Booster Manual ?

I bought my SFX-01 second hand and didnt get any manual or instructions that may have come with it.I dont see anything at the SD site either.Could anyone out there copy or scan theirs for me? I'm interested in what it might say about the resonance switch and the swith options.I use it now and know what settings I like and work for me,but I'd like to read what its actually supposed to be doing.
    Thanks for any help,
    Garrett

Re: SD Booster Manual ?

I think it's really self-explanatory, but there's some additional info here:
    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

frankly, I haven't looked at my manual since I got it.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Thanks,I did see that, and it is easy enough to use. I was just looking for an explanation of the switch settings. It not a big deal ,just curious.

Comment

0=no EQ curve
        1=turns a single coil into a vintage (PAF style) bucker
        2=turns a single coil into a hot bucker
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Nice, 'nough said.Thanks guys.

Comment

Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster™
            Usage Instructions

Congratulations on your purchase of the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster™, the first effects pedal designed specifically to work together with the pickups in your instrument to achieve optimum gain and resonance for all your tonal applications. You can start using your Pickup Booster right away. However, you might want to read through these instructions to gain valuable information, which will enhance your enjoyment of this unique product.

Usage
            The Pickup Booster can be used in a variety of applications where extra gain is required. These include use by acoustic guitarists, bassists, electric guitarists, and recording applications. The Pickup Booster’s main feature is the Gain Control knob. By rotating it clockwise, the user can add pure, flat-EQ gain, ranging from 6dB, all the way to an astonishing 25dB! Home studio enthusiasts will take advantage of the Pickup Booster’s clean gain boost abilities to augment the recording levels of instruments and microphones. Acoustic guitarists and bassists will enjoy their ability to add a subtle volume boost (9 - 12dB) for solos. Electric guitarists will take the fullest advantage of the Pickup Booster’s capabilities as they add everything from “punch” to a solo to over-the-top gain to a tube amplifier’s front end - all with the simple twist of a knob!

In addition, the Pickup Booster can add thickness to a single coil pickup (see “Resonance Switch”).

When the Pickup Booster’s footswitch is not engaged, true bypass is achieved, making the effect of the Pickup Booster in the signal chain negligible.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

(Con't)

Battery
              To make your Pickup Booster work, you’ll need to insure that a fresh battery is installed. If not, you’ll need to install one (or connect a regulated 9V DC power supply.)

To install or replace the battery (see Figure 1 - proper battery orientation), simply:

(a) Remove the four screws on the underside of the box and disassemble the chassis.
              (b) Remove the old battery from the clip (if applicable).
              (c) Install a fresh 9 volt alkaline (?) battery, taking care to properly orient the “+” and “-“ terminals.
              (d) Reassemble the chassis and replace the screws.

When storing the Pickup Booster, or when it is not in use, make sure no cable or plug is inserted into the “Input” jack, as this will shorten battery life. As an alternative to a battery, you can use a regulated DC power supply (“wall wart”) ranging from 9 - 12 volts, for example a Boss® # PSA-120T. These are available at electronics supply stores and most music stores.

Basic Operation
              The Pickup Booster is most effective when it’s the first off-board device in your signal chain. In other words, if you have a series of effects between your guitar and your amplifier, make sure the Pickup Booster is the one into which your guitar directly plugs. (See Figure 2 - typical signal chain). Make sure the cable that leaves your guitar’s jack plugs into the Pickup Booster’s jack marked “Input.” The cable that leaves the Pickup Booster and goes to the next effect in the signal chain, or the amplifier, should exit from the jack marked “Output” on the Pickup Booster.

When first activating the Pickup Booster, start using the gain control knob in the full counter-clockwise position (6 dB). Then, start rotating the knob clockwise until the desired effect is achieved. As always, musicians are best advised to use ear protection when exposed to loud volume, as unprotected ears can easily suffer irreparable damage.

Comment

(Con't)

Resonance Switch (“P/U Res”)
                The Resonance Switch was designed specifically for electric guitarists who use single coil pickups of the type typically found on Strat® or Tele® guitars. By engaging the Resonance Switch, the resonant peak of a pickup can be lowered, making a single coil sound similar to a vintage humbucker or to a high-output humbucker. Notice that there are three settings marked “1,” “ 0,” and “2.” The effect of these settings is as follows:

Setting Effect Result
                1 Resonance drops 2-3kHz A single coil sounds like a vintage humbucker
                0 Resonance is not affected The pickup’s true resonance is unaltered
                2 Resonance drops 3-5kHz A single coil sounds like a high-output humbucker

Specs
                Noise: -120 dB (referred to input with gain set at 25dB)
                Distortion: < 0.1%
                Gain range: 6 to 24 dB
                Type of circuitry: Fully discrete, class A
                Power: DC 9-12 V battery, or regulated DC adapter
                Current consumption: 3.5mA @ 9V (when effect is “on”)
                Input impedance: 500K (when effect is “on”)
                Output impedance: < 10k
                Dimensions: 2.5" x 5" x 2" (W x L x H) (6.35cm x 12.7cm x 5.08 cm)
                Weight: 1 lb. (0.45 kg)
                Chassis material: Heavy duty 1.6 mm steel

Comment

Working...
                X