Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brobucker Reviews

Originally posted by fab.regnaut
    I have one waiting for you Marcel : Demon 8 ! ( 80 E )
    haha no money and I need TB spacing anyway
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

claytonc: Can you lower the Seth?

I've ordered a 59n 4-conductor to use with the BB in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer
        claytonc: Can you lower the Seth?

I've ordered a 59n 4-conductor to use with the BB in the bridge.
        It may go a little lower, but it is really, really low.

thanks Zimmer!
        www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

Something is not right. I have a Seth and BB in an LP and a 59' neck and BB in my LP DC Std and in each case, I can get the two to balance out volume -wise.
          Do you have a DC voltmeter? You can plug a cord into the guitar and measure the DC resistance of all pickups positions. Put the positive lead on the tip of the cable and the negative on any part below the tip and the BB should measure about 9.5 to 9.9 k. If it doesn't, something is wired wrong or the pickup has a short in it.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
          Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
          Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
          Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

This may sound retarted BUT can I still buy a BROBUCKER or is that deal over??

Comment

it was a one time deal. you could have the custom shop make you a similar pup if you wanted.

i have a seth with a bb and they match up very well, sounds like yours might not be working right. what did you get for a dc resistance reading?

Comment

Sorry to kill a sell but you don't need a Brobucker when there is the Screaming Demon , same thing but less FAT and more adjustable with its 2 rows of screws .

Comment

Originally posted by fab.regnaut
                  Sorry to kill a sell but you don't need a Brobucker when there is the Screaming Demon , same thing but less FAT and more adjustable with its 2 rows of screws .
                  Sorry to call out on this but you couldn't be more wrong. The specs aren't even close. The only common or close spec is the DC resistance. The whole reason for the Brobucker was because the Demon did not fit what was asked for.

Comment

I believe they share 42 gauge and 10k resistance , but the two rows of screws of the Demon makes it brighter .

Comment

• Re: Brobucker Reviews

The Brobucker is also unbalanced, scatterwound with a Dunaged A5 mag in addition to slug/screw coils. According to MJ, it is closer to the S-Deco than the Demon.

The Demon is wound with polysol or poly-nylon insulated magnet wire. A P.A.F. is wound with plain enamel. (This came straight from Evan in another thread).

They are very different pickups.

Comment

I may coonsider ordering one from the Custom shop...but how does it compare to the C-5? I tend to lean toward a more modern, fat tone...not too vintage or bright.

Comment

I had two Demons, one TB one SH. There is no comparison. Adjusting and replacing the hex screws wasn't enough to make me keep either one of them. Way to brittle for my tastes. I really dig George Lynch but not the Demon. The Brobucker has more usable tone. The mids are perfect. But.. to each his own.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
                          Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
                          Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
                          Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                            it was a one time deal. you could have the custom shop make you a similar pup if you wanted.

i have a seth with a bb and they match up very well, sounds like yours might not be working right. what did you get for a dc resistance reading?

The resistance of the bb is only 5.2, sounds like maybe only the hotter of the two coils???? I will desolder and resolder my connections and test again

Clayton
                            www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

Originally posted by claytonc
                              The resistance of the bb is only 5.2, sounds like maybe only the hotter of the two coils???? I will desolder and resolder my connections and test again

Clayton
                              Red and white soldered together and taped
                              Black = hot
                              Green and bare = ground

There is definitely one coil not in the mix.

Comment

Got it! I am embarrassed to admit that it was a mistake on my part

it is a nice match with a Seth neck. I have a Seth bridge that I may use in the neck position with my other bb in my R9, but I kinda like the burstbuckers in that guitar as it is. I will have to see how I feel after some more time with this new set up.

Initially I give it a big thumbs up!

Thank you guys for helping me! That is why this is one of, if not the best forum on the web!

Clayton
                                www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

Working...
                                X