Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brobucker Reviews

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    I'm trying to remember if it was lightly potted or potted just like all other humbuckers?
    lightly potted
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
      lightly potted
      I figured it had to be. With high gain, I get some squeal out of but nothing that can't be dealt with. Every time I play my LP I fall in love more and more with this pickup. It sounds so perfect in that guitar. Through the Marshall it's just awesome. I could play all day and never get tired of the tone.

Comment

Hopefully I'm gonna have a guit to put mine in in the next few days....

we'll see....
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I've been using the trembucker spaced one of mine in my walnut fat strat for more than 2 weeks now.

It is definitely one of the BEST buckers I have ever heard.

I do not think there are any options that the Duncan regular line comes close.

It is a PAF, but thicker. Is not a very hot pickup. It has a lot of highs, yet is not nasty like some of the hot a5 PAF clones I've come across. It is clear has lotsa harmonics, but at the same time it is not thin, very solid.

This bucker might be a little too thick and solid for a LP than already has a thick tone. But for a bright/thin one it definitely is the cure.

Hence, I also agree with the above observations that it would excellent for a SG bridge spot which generally sounds thin and too bright.

This bucker has the same basic features that Tim White's bridge buckers have, it is a little more solid, more thick, and with more bass. But it's not like custom 5 or custom custom which in my opinion have too much bass, and are far less clear than the brobucker.

I am really glad that I've got two of them!

B
          Last edited by dr.barlo; 04-12-2006, 04:34 PM.
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

One additional note:

On my fat walnut strat I had a PG+ measuring 8.75K. With it, this guitar of mine sounded great, and had a distinct sound. Throaty, quite heavy and pronounced uppermids. I loved the sound.

But with the Brobucker, them uppermids are washed off a little bit, I got more textured lowermids (which is a very cool thing), and overall a more solid tone. The pickup change did alter the tone of the guitar, and now its better. It still has that throaty uppermid tone but not that emphasized. Perfect ACDC tone, delivered right on spot.

And it splits very good, indeed the best bucker I have seen to deliver a very genuine single coil tone while not ruining the HB side (sure x2n gives a very convincing single coil tone, but I don't care about its full HB mode). It sure has a very good split bridge and middle single coil tone.

B
            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
            X