banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well Part XXXVII - We're gonna turn the well over to Aceman - SHOCK ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Re: The Well Part XXXVII - We're gonna turn the well over to Aceman - SHOCK ME!

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
    Again: do you want to know what the prize is?
    No, actually I do not.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Originally posted by SonofaMitch View Post
    whats your take on the KISS army?, how does it compare to Hitler's Army?, or Saddam's army? or Bush's army?
    KISS - Fanboy / Merchandising Targets
    Hitler - Bad Guys / Allied Targets
    Saddam - Wuss / Run and hide so they are not targets!
    Bush army - You mean the current US forces? Good Guys - the Best Guys / Putting a target on your terrorist behind! Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Aceman; 08-12-2008, 06:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied

who's the coolest dude you've ever met at a cracker barrel...?

Leave a comment:

• jimmy
    replied

Again: do you want to know what the prize is?

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied

I am a charter member of the Psychotic Friends Network. I knew you would say that.

But you knew that I knew that you knew that...nvrmnd....

Leave a comment:

• SonofaMitch
    replied

whats your take on the KISS army?, how does it compare to Hitler's Army?, or Saddam's army? or Bush's army?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

I somehow just totally overlooked the fact that this would become a KISS convention crossed with a grad school application. Don't know how I didn't see that coming*....

*psssst I just threw that in there to further support the notion that we are not really psychic. If they only knew....mwuaaahhaaahhahhahahha.

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied

Why did you not use that from the beginning?

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Is it just me or should I change this posts title to:

KISS Meets the Phantom
    of Grad School

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    Thank you Dr. Stephen.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    What is your favorite color for lava lamps?
    You know Les, I've always been a fan of the solids, and red is definitely my favorite. I know that seems a bit cliche, "Red Lava Lamp" but I have to be honest. My second choice is Blue. I detest the mixed swirly colored ones.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
    hahah good post!
    You are brave!
    see this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_IYe5JTZ4

just remember that Yngwie copped this off me. He just can't play it as fast, as clean, or on a Les Paul. Here's a photo of me playing it using the open thumb position:

Scared yet? You will be...

and if not, I'll shoot you with the rocket built into the neck!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Originally posted by SonofaMitch View Post
    Why Ace?, why not Peter Chris?
    The Cat was cool, no doubt. Paul was just....weak IMO. and Gene seemed a bit over the top. I think it was a combination of the space theme, which appealed to me, the predominately Silver outfit, and well, The smokin' Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Custom - I mean really, who could resist that?

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied

Ok, ok, I'll field Dr. Bill's question for ya by asking a question:

Do you walk around town managing people or engineering at random? Why not?

That will answer your question. It is a common misunderstanding that psychologists are somehow psychic. Although it is true that some observations become easier with experience, effort must be expended.

Put another way: Isaac Asimov's second wife was a psychiatrist. Once, while attending a party, someone told her, "I'll bet you are analyzing everyone here." She replied, "Hmph. I get paid for that."

A follow-up for jerry's question: I have rarely met a doctoral level psychologist who introduces themselves as "Dr" (especially in the applied fields--there's no accounting for the pomposity of academia). Honorifics just aren't as meaningful when you understand the human condition.

Note: Dr. Bob sells himself short: He has quite a bit of understanding of human behavior despite not focusing his studies on abnormal psychology. Then again, so does Dr. Bill.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    Last edited by LesStrat; 08-11-2008, 06:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LesStrat
    replied

What is your favorite color for lava lamps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X