This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well-whofan style

i'm not too sure how this works but i'll give it a shot... hit me...

Re: The Well-whofan style

Originally posted by JohnJohn
    Okay-what's your favourite Keith Moon story?
    oddly it's more or less meeting his mom in 2006... she was this little old 88 year old lady in such awe that people were still interested in her sons music all these years later..

in London a few years ago i was talking to Dougle Butler who was Keiths personal assistant and he had some stories for sure.... too many to type them all... but i love the way Keith used to con companies and stuff.. he sold ESSO the idea that on the 1975 tour millions of people would see pictures of him on stage with The Who... so they paid him $50,000 to wear a Mecanics overalls with ESSO on the back!!!! They coned a Rolls Royce dealer into loaning them a car and they trashed it!

Comment

If you could pick one artist's gear to have in it's entirety.. who's would you take?
      Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
      I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
      Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
        If you could pick one artist's gear to have in it's entirety.. who's would you take?
        that is a tough one.... most would think i'd say Pete's... but really i'd love Alex Lifesons 2008 rig and custom shop FRO LP's!!!

Comment

Give us the specs for your ultimate guitar.

Also, have you seen the Rush R30 DVD yet?
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            Give us the specs for your ultimate guitar.

Also, have you seen the Rush R30 DVD yet?

i almost bought the R30 cd/dvd combo today!!!! no i have not seen it yet.. instead of the Rush i bought the new-ish Joe Satriani aniversary set of Surfin With The Alien... the one with the Album and a live 1988 DVD

i was a teen in the 80's so super strats are still stuck in my head to this day.... Jackson Dinky's and Soloists are some of my fav's but i can't afford the USA models... But when it comes down to it i'm really stuck on Fender strats with added Duncan humbuckers... I pretty much enjoy the modern specs of the Fender American Standard models 1987 to now.. but i also prefer V necks on strats more then most shapes...

so an American Standard or the Deluxe Strat spec guitar with a JB/ GOLD Lace Middle/Jazz combo, a V shaped neck with a 1 11/16th nut width, and locking tuners will pretty much make me happy... i'm not too hard to please

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
              i'm not too sure how this works but i'll give it a shot... hit me...
              You need to have the "Well Part (roman numeral)" in your thread title. Ask an admin's help, and try again.
              sigpic
              "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
              --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
              Originally posted by Lewguitar
              In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
                You need to have the "Well Part (roman numeral)" in your thread title. Ask an admin's help, and try again.
                the number is needed?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
                  Okay-what's your favourite Keith Moon story?
                  another good Moon story is when Keith moved to Malibu California in 1977... he lived beside film star Steve McQueen.... Keith for whatever crazy reason had a passion for wearing a full Nazi uniform on the beach and passed out on Steve's steps more then once... Steve used to drag him back to Keith's house....

Comment

age ?
                    city, state, country?
                    highest level of education completed?
                    occupation?
                    marital status?
                    play in a band? if so what kind of music?

current rig?

hobbies other than guitar?
                    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

History of gear, listening habits, and technique findings?
                      www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Does the forum ever leave you exquisitely bored?

Have you played the silver ball ever since you were a young boy?
                        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                          age ?
                          city, state, country?
                          highest level of education completed?
                          occupation?
                          marital status?
                          play in a band? if so what kind of music?

current rig?

hobbies other than guitar?
                          age-37... 38 in December
                          home-Near Toronto Canada
                          Schooling-grade 12
                          work-Janitor for the Government
                          single and loving it

Bandless.... Last bar band broke up a few years ago and i have not really been actively looking for another place to play yet... but soon ill be looking, i have the itch... i've been a side man backing a local country rock singer, done some large gigs with him.. once in front of 10,000... but mostly bar gigs playing older 70's hard rock covers with 30 people in the place is more common since i'm not more well known

main large scale rig is a Axess Electronic head switcher system that allows me to A/B between a 5150 head and a Classic 50 head... sometimes i use an old 800 2204 head when it's working as well... my main guitars for important gigs and with this large scale rig is a Jackson, a Godin, and a strat or tele... The Godin i use a lot as it has the Piezo trem bridge so i don't need to take an acoustic... the large rig gives me 5 great sounds... Piezo's, C50 Clean, C 50 Distorted, 5150 Rythym, 5150 solo....

smaller club rig is a C30 combo with an Extention cab, a bunch of common Boss pedals...

at home i use various amps... SS and Tube... everything from Modelers to an old 65 Deluxe amp.... my solid body guitar collection is up into the 25 mark...

hobbies beside playing guitar is making guitars in my basement from boards... but that has been on hold for a long while until i can find a better shop... i have a few hobby train sets i toy with a little... but most of my spare time is all music
                          Last edited by WhoFan; 09-08-2008, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
                            History of gear, listening habits, and technique findings?

i've been playing somewhat since about 78 or 79 when my dad bought me a Hagstrum Goya at a garage sale and he plugged it into an old home stereo that had an instrument/mic jack... mostly in these early years i just jumped up and down on my bed with the guitar make a hell of a noise!!!... I didn't take it seriously until the early 80's... me and some childhood friends were standing on a street corner and i said i was going to be a guitarist in a band... they laught at me and i was set in my mind to prove them wrong.. so the best guitar i had was my dads acoustic and i set out learning Who riffs from the record by ear... i still remember the day when i stumbled on the A,G,D pattern of Won't Get Fooled Again...

my parents didn't have a lot of money in the late 70's and early 80's... in fact we were borrowing soup from friends to eat sometimes... so when i started making some bucks doing odd jobs and paper routes my plan was to buy guitar equipment but my folks were trying to force me to save every penny i could.. any piece of guitar equipment i bought as a teen caused fights... but later on when i started to get really good at it they sopported me...

i remember the day i bought a Kramer Striker in 1987... i made $3.45 an hour at a food store and that POS plywood Kramer cost me $650 with a case and a Boss Heavy Metal Pedal... i still have the bill slip somewhere i think... i didn't know it was a god awful guitar at the time but i destoryed it within a few years painting it like EVH's.. i also somehow saved for a not bad SS Marshall combo as well... that rig was junk but i felt like a king... in a rage i smashed that Kramer to pieces during a family fight... i ended up having to repair it myself... in the end that sparked my interest in doing my own guitar work... much later i even started making my own strats and teles...

in 89 or so i borrowed $750 from my boss at work and bought a 76 LP Deluxe... it soon fell apart too and the neck has been completely rebuilt.. i ended up with some serious wrist trouble around the early 90's and had to stop playing that LP... I started using custom made strats and a Jackson with a thin neck for the next few years thru various SS Fender and Marshall amps.. in the mid 90's a tech friend set up a deal for me thru Peavey and i bought a bunch of Peavey tube amp gear for dirt cheap direct from them.. i still use that stuff today!

today from years of collecting axes and repairing wrecks i have around 25 soild bodies... i worked for 2 months in a repair shop once and i bought more gear then what i made working there!!!! I had a bad habbit of buying broken guitars and fixing them up... something i don't do anymore... i just don't spend the time anymore..

what i listen to is mostly the same stuff i was brought up with in Toronto.. The Who, Rush, Zeppelin, Floyd... But being Canadian i have a huge ear open to classic Canadian bands... Goddo, Max Webster, Kim Mitchell, Chilliwack, Aprill Wine, Helix, and so on... i still go see these bands to this day!!!
                            Last edited by WhoFan; 09-08-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                              Does the forum ever leave you exquisitely bored?

Have you played the silver ball ever since you were a young boy?
                              sometimes

and i was playing a pinball machine just a few weeks ago... i used to love those darn things!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X